Recent content by fredgarvin

1. fredgarvin

Schiit Fans ?

He mentioned no tube in the next Saga.
  2. fredgarvin

Schiit Fans ?

He mentioned something about an expanded version of the Syn in last months ytube broadcast. He was vague.
  3. fredgarvin

Jolida fusion pre vs Freya +

I'm sure the Freya+ matches well with the Aegir, I do remember the original Freya was not recommended by Jason for high sensitivity speakers due to the possible noise, but they fixed that with the +. I haven't heard any of the new Jolida models to comment.
  4. fredgarvin

Schiit Fans ?

In the Head-Fi thread Jason said it was simply that they had a ton of them on the shelf because they had over ordered parts when the tube supply was down to a trickle. He said that there are no plans to make a new version but, you never know. I know that the Freya + is still one of their best...
  5. fredgarvin

Schiit Fans ?

Schiit is having a big sale on the Ragnarock 2 for $999. Used ones go for at least $1500. https://www.schiit.com/products/ragnarok-1
  6. fredgarvin

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

The Outlaw RR2160MKII has bass and treble knobs https://outlawaudio.com/shop/stereo-receivers/56-rr2160mkii-stereo-receiver.html
  7. fredgarvin

ANDREW JONES (MoFi) Sourcepoint 10

New towers being introduced at Axpona: SourcePoint 888 https://www.mofielectronics.com/products/mofi-electronics-sourcepoint-888-floorstanding-speakers-pair
  8. fredgarvin

Klipsch KG 5.2 Speakers - Opinions?

I'd like to hear a comparo of the KG 5.5 and the KLF 10.
  9. fredgarvin

Let's hear your horror stories and close calls!

The closest dumb thing I did to that was when I had a miss in my chevy so I started pulling the plug wires one at a time to find where the miss was. One of them really bit me and the wrench I had in my other hand flew about 15 feet, My arm was sore for awile.
  10. fredgarvin

Let's hear your horror stories and close calls!

I put in a pair of 6L6 tubes from TAD in my MP-301 integrated and switched it on. I noticed one tube was not lighting up just as the smoke started floating out. I expected at least a dead channel, but it's still working fine.
  11. fredgarvin

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

One possibility might be replacing the titanium diaphragm in the midhorn with something else, that was one of the major complaints about the III. Naturally, others thought it was an improvement.
  12. fredgarvin

Schiit Freya + vs Sonic Frontiers SFL-1

It serves a good purpose in that it can deliver variable gain settings, from 0 to +12, and the option to run SE or balanced. That provides flexibility for different amp matchups, both tube and SS, and when changing in new components that might want less or more gain. It could save you a shopping...
  13. fredgarvin

I hang out on HeadFi which has the dedicated Schiit forum. I've never heard of such a thing, although it could be amp dependent if ones amp needs more than +6db of gain that single ended provides in tube mode. I'm using a beefy Coda amp that has a healthy input impedance and does great with low...
  14. fredgarvin

It sounds like your amps need more gain than single ended provides, +6db. if you were not using the tubes option it's O gain I believe. By advising you to go balanced you get +12db in tube mode. I think it's probably that simple. The variable gain options of the Freya is a plus in my book...
  15. fredgarvin

Why the DI? You can run it single ended as designed.
Back
Top Bottom