Recent content by Freitag

1. Freitag

Wharfedale W4 4 way corner speakers

Hi, Skodajag! I wholeheartily agree with Robert: these are well worth restoring. I have a pair as my main speakers, and I simply adore them. Match them with a good tube amp, and they will shine like few others, at least in my humble experience. If you need pictures of the crossover, please let...
  2. Freitag

Wharfedale W3's. Anyone here own a pair?

I have never seen nor heard a W3, but I have lived with my W4´s for roughly five years - The W4 is conceptually similar: baffleless mids (x 2), a Super 3 facing upwards, and a 12" woofer. My living room is quite large with a high ceiling, and the W4 energize the room in a beautiful way, even on...
  3. Freitag

Airedales

While I have never heard the Airdales I have the rather similar W4. Same tweeter, different mid and woofer, and no tiles in the front. The sound is huge, unstrained, unboxy, detailed and to my ears very musical. Rolled off highs is the major downside. The bass has clearly defined tone and...
  4. Freitag

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Or you can get lucky and marry one who loves music and says «now these were pretty cool».
  5. Freitag

Wharfedale W4

Hi, Roger. The speaker is tucked away in the corner, where it should be. The drivers are one Super 3 tweeter fireing upwards, two Special 5 midrange units fireing to the left and right, and a WLS/12 woofer. It is connected to a recapped Sansui AU-9500, but I wait for my Bang & Olufsen 608 tube...
  6. Freitag

Wharfedale W4

Hi, all. I recently aquired an unmatched pair of Wharfedale W4: one with a front bass port and closed back and one with opening grills inn the back. The latter is working perfectly, in fact it plays so utterly gorgeous that I threw out my other speakers and rearranged the living room to play...
Back
Top Bottom