Recent content by Fridge

1. Fridge

Help with MA5100

Update, I pulled the triacs-one tested bad. I also found an open resistor in the power supply section. replaced bad parts and unit came back to life with a clean 45 wpc and sounds terrific! Now back to refurbishing a Thorens TD 124 that I got with the MAC.
  2. Fridge

Help with MA5100

Ramjet, I totally understand, just I am frustrated with myself. I feel like the problem is relatively simple and easy to solve. Good honest techs are hard to find these days, I have had a couple of bad experiences in the past. Maybe I will contact Mark at Blueglow to see if he is available he...
  3. Fridge

Help with MA5100

Ramjet, I here you....but I dont give up easy. %^%#@%&!
  4. Fridge

Help with MA5100

the unit was taken off the DBT and plugged directly into mains power. I have no idea what the problem is with this amp?
  5. Fridge

Help with MA5100

6. Fridge

Help with MA5100

I re-cleaned every and plugged into dbt no short visible but as I cranked up the volume the bulb lit up, turned volume down bulb dimmed. Once again the sound is solid and clear.
  7. Fridge

Help with MA5100

8. Fridge

Help with MA5100

Thanks c_dk, It must be frustrating walking DIY's through simple trouble shooting issues. I just realized that I totally misspoke about the Speaker Switch signal. I meant to say the Selector Switch-set to Aux- that the signal feeds into from the jack. My apologies-wow no wonder. I will set the...
  9. Fridge

Help with MA5100

That sounds promising. I will check the output monitor circuit, I have read where others have had that issue. As far power source, plugged into standard power strip with circuit breaker. I did check it on DBT and no problem there. I thought the problem may be in the speaker switch as input...
  10. Fridge

Help with MA5100

Filter cap volts are 39.3 vs 36 on schematic. The voltages are consistent across the board either equally high or some are dead on. I am using a pair or 8ohm 100w resistors in a set I built with a fan for my dummy load....I am pretty much guessing at the wattage as at full blast there is no...
  11. Fridge

Help with MA5100

By the way, I do have a scope and signal generator but don't really know how to use them properly-could use some help there too :)
  12. Fridge

Help with MA5100

I was given a MA5100 amp by a friend to clean up and refurbish. I am a newby at trouble shooting and can use some help. I recapped all electrolytics and some other caps in the audio path. The unit is only putting out about 4 wpc. I tested voltages throughout including all transistors. All...
  13. Fridge

Thorens TD124 problem

Success! several soaks of WD-40 still would not let go. Finally I put heat to it with my heat gun, not blistering hot, and that did the trick...slid right off. Now I can rebuild the motor correctly!..Thanks everyone for your tips and tricks....much appreciated.
  14. Fridge

Thorens TD124 problem

Mr Boochie, that tool looks like the ticket. I am ordering one. I just have to be patient and work these various suggestion until I get it loose. My main concern is that I will warp the spindle and ruin the motor. I suppose if I can't break it loose I could forgo replacing the bushing, the...
  15. Fridge

Thorens TD124 problem

Jim, only tried some lubes I have on hand, 3in 1 motor oil and some silicon spray. I thought about putting heat gun to it...i will get some 3 in 1 penetrating oil and let it set...put heat and try again. Darn thing is stuck solid...motor spins but not as free as it should. I especially dont...
Back
Top Bottom