Recent content by fromnowon

1. fromnowon

Marantz 2215B Power Supply Transistor Subs

Hi @J85t welcome to AK. Glad you found a source for those transistors! I don't know if it be of any help, but I restored a 2215B 2 years ago and think it came out really well. In fact it's been my main amp ever since. I use headphones a lot and FM, and streaming, and I think it sounds...
  2. fromnowon

Pioneer HPM 1500 Replacement Woofers

I understand that view :). . . I think it depends on your goals for the speakers. I restored mine to keep and use and didn't really care about resale value. Also, I should have mentioned that if specs on the new woofers (sensitivity) are different enough there could be mods needed to the...
  3. fromnowon

Good luck @jcmusic The ones I've used were the Dayton Audio "Classic Woofer". PE tech support is top-notch and they are willing to help. Even if you replace, you could of course keep your original drivers just in case needed. In my projects they ended up sounding so good that I didn't care...
  4. fromnowon

Have you checked at Parts Express? They also have great tech support. I've had great results replacing old woofers (more concerned about sound than keeping old speakers original, personally).
  5. fromnowon

SX 626 no FM or AM.

Good job finding that transistor and congratulations! I'll bet that unit sounds nice, probably very warm sounding.
  6. fromnowon

SA-9100 - unpleasant noises when powering up

I hope so too! Checked to see what the SA-9100 issue was (because I have one I want to work on, someday) and was really glad to see that transistor advice!
  7. fromnowon

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long?

Hoping the best for you MTF. Continued prayers from here. Appreciate all you do for us.
  8. fromnowon

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long?

MTF I hope you are feeling better and recovering. You are such an appreciated, unselfish, awesome respected and loved contributor on here. I wonder how many Pioneers have been saved because of your generosity. Please take care and wish you a full recovery. Prayers from here.
  9. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

Very interesting. Thanks.
  10. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

Thanks! That's cool. (I love the FM sound.) On AUX should it fire up immediately on power on then? I haven't connected a source that way yet.
  11. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

Thank you @larryderouin I'll print out those notes and save them in the unit until I get a chance to organize a list. Really good input. It's good news as well because it likely has an opportunity to sound even better with a little effort put in which I'll gladly do. One more question...
  12. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

ok! It's auto-off for phono! That makes sense. Thanks Larry! Thanks for checking those transistors. Amazing that the ones used in 1965 are still available for those spots. I do have a transistor tester. At the moment with it all put back together I'm just enjoying it but I'll work on it...
  13. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

Finally got a chance to try that tonight! It seems to indicate that the right channel of my Shure is working but the left is not. Thump on the right, nothing on the left. Shoot! That's really a shame but I'm glad I found out before buying a stylus, so thanks for the suggestion for that test...
  14. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

one more . . .
  15. fromnowon

My Fisher Futura

Well, I finished my "cleaning" and relamping. With all of the pots and switches cleaned it sounds great. It's such a cool unit. The dial bulbs were a little challenging. DWOJO helped me with some LEDs but they were just a little bit short . . . I decided to tack them in with solder...
Back
Top Bottom