Recent content by futureman

1. futureman

Need something closed, comfy and non-fatiguing. Best options for those on a budget?

Just a brief update in the off-chance someone is looking for similar qualities in a set of affordable cans (non-fatiguing, closed and comfy). I was debating between ATH M40x's and the ATH M50's. I liked what the reviews said about the mid-range of the former. Plus, I found a new, open-boxed...
  2. futureman

Need something closed, comfy and non-fatiguing. Best options for those on a budget?

I'm going with the ATH M40x cans with sheepskin replacement earpads. Thanks for everyone's input.
  3. futureman

I have considered the less expensive M30x cans combined with a modestly priced USB headphone amp. I intend for this to be a workstation rig and not my main source of audio enjoyment. Thanks for the suggestion.
  4. futureman

Thanks. I'll likely drive it with my desktop. I prefer not to get a headphone amp right now, so lower impedance cans would be preferable.
  5. futureman

I've been reading through reviews and various threads, and I still can't get a handle on which cans would be right for me. I've built a new workspace area for extended writing, and I need a pair of phones that are driven easily closed back neither uncomfortable nor fatiguing, as I'll have these...
  6. futureman

Advise on buying a used guitar & amp.

I saw that one! Good reviews; I might pick one up eventually, but I've already gifted myself with early Christmas present(s). :biggrin:
  7. futureman

I enjoy a variety of genres. Older country, surf, rock and even metal. If I really catch the guitar bug, I can always get one that is more suitable for aggressive styles of music. But I really like the simplicity of the telecaster. Oh, and I did get an amp! While I was considering a used...
  8. futureman

Thanks everyone! This morning I picked up a Squier Classic Vibe telecaster. It’s a lovely “butterscotch blond” wood grain finish. I now need to be patient finding a quality used amp for as little as possible. Fingers crossed!
  9. futureman

Thanks. I’m very intrigued by both the classic vibe and vintage modified telecasters. They seem to pop up fairly frequently.
  10. futureman

Thanks. My budget would be a few hundred for the guitar alone. And yes, I'll need an amp. I'll check out the thread!
  11. futureman

I'm 50+ and needing a new hobby on which to fixate when I'm not working. I have a music background, but I never committed much time to the guitar; I'm hoping one of my sons will take an interest, too. I want pick up something solid, but comparatively cheap. The Squier Telecaster by Fender looks...
  12. futureman

Kenwood L07C ll Pre Amp?

I’ve had this unit for several years and I really enjoy it. I had it re-capped as well and I’m happy I did. The phono stage is exceptional, and I imagine I would have to spend a fair amount of money to get any kind of improvement. I have not been quite as satisfied with the line stage. The...
  13. futureman

Awesome albums from ahartig

I purchased a highly desirable vinyl record from ahartig. It was cleaned beautifully, packed carefully, and shipped in a timely fashion. A great transaction! I’ll certainly buy from him again.
  14. futureman

Belles Aria Integrated Amp

What did it replace, if I may ask?
  15. futureman

Looking for a Thorens project/upgrade

Thanks. If I find a good TD 125 Mk2, I could be happy with the auto-lift.
Back
Top Bottom