Recent content by galactus2

1. galactus2

Gifted a pair of Snell J IV

LOL, really? That's really what you have to offer to the thread? You should look up the word......oh never mind, that's just too easy.
  2. galactus2

Anyone else have a messy listening room?

I love it, man! You're a 'regular guy' with a regular guy's room. Life's too short for a man to have a feather duster in his hand....
  3. galactus2

Did Our Hobby Predict outrageous boasts and claims

Yes, quite true. There's a great expression I once heard in a different hobby that's fairly universally applicable to many hobbies: "your emotion buys it, then your internal logic justifies it."
  4. galactus2

Athena Technologies Floorstanders

Interesting that you mention the Klipsch R-15M bookshelf model. I had them until recently, but decided that my thrift store find Athena AS-B1 were pretty much their equal, and actually had better bass. Sold the Klipsch, kept the Athena. If you read through this thread, you should get the...
  5. galactus2

Here we go again - Bose 601 Mk 1 in the house

Re-foaming the woofers is the norm on most of those old Bose speakers. Be thankful they're not 901s to re-foam, as that is a long day!
  6. galactus2

Here we go again - Bose 601 Mk 1 in the house

The speaker grills material should be the easies thing to replace, as it was just normal cloth grill material, as I recall. Appears that someone replaced at least one of the woofers. On eBay, you can find 8" woofers for those, but not sure of the prices on them in your corner of the world...
  7. galactus2

TT recommendation for a beginner

I wish you were right. Recently, I tried out two different Pro-Ject TTs from Crutchfield. Both went back. One had the dreaded hum that you mention and, possibly like you, I had heard that they had solved that ongoing and well-documented issue. Apparently some of their models still need work...
  8. galactus2

Old Farts And Music Hating: I Got To Say I Like This Stuff

Couldn't agree more, buddy, and I'm the exact age you are. :beerchug: My only complaint is that, between Tidal and Bandcamp, I'm afraid that there isn't enough time to listen to all the great music that's out there. Often I seem to have a nagging fear that I'm missing something good.
  9. galactus2

Help! Squirrel trapped in my speakers!

People think squirrels are cute, but they're often people who have never had them in their house / attic / garage. They're an invasive and destructive pest. At a previous house, I had to set a cage trap to get the one(s) that got into my attic in the winter. And if it wasn't for the presence...
  10. galactus2

Which amplifier?

Those vintage Kenwood amps seem to somewhat 'fly under the radar,' so to speak. I didn't have that one pictured, but I did have its 'little brother,' the KA-7100 for several years. What an outstanding integrated amp! Wish I never let it go. But having said that, it's tough to wrong with...
  11. galactus2

What TT's do you folks have

Within the last two years, I had an entry level Music Hall TT where you could rip records to digital on it. Liked it a lot, but wanted an upgrade after ripping the albums that I wanted to. Tried a couple of Pro-Ject TTs, and both had problems, including a noisy motor on one. Both went back to...
  12. galactus2

Vintage equipment.

I also thought he meant the Zero-100 or the Zero-82. Several of my friends had Dual TTs, and so did I in the 70's, and I can't recall seeing one that had the self-adjusting headshell as the Garrards did.
  13. galactus2

What is up with the price of graphic equalizers?

Doesn't that hammerhead shark on the wall appear as if it's laughing at you guys? :p
  14. galactus2

What is up with the price of graphic equalizers?

Chief, I'm so far removed from being hip, or even caring about being hip, that I've probably traveled through time and become hip all over again. :beerchug:
  15. galactus2

What Were Some Of The Worst Speakers You Have Owned ?

All these posts, and not a lot of pics. I'm willing to show my mistake. Back in high school, circa 73-74, my first pair of 'real' speakers were these Fisher XP-56S. It was all I could afford. They were dreadful, but a step up from the Soundesign crap I had in jr. high. However, they had...
Back
Top Bottom