Recent content by gary7

1. gary7

Tighten up Dual 1229 arm lift lever?

Ok. Looked at the SM where it shows lube points. At the lift lever is shows to use Wacker Silicon oil AK 500K. So it should have dampening fluid? Where exactly should it be applied?
  2. gary7

The arm does drift down as it should. It's just like there is not enough tension at the lift lever to keep it up. It keeps popping back, lowering the arm.
  3. gary7

The lift works fine in auto play. The arm lifts when I use the cue lever, but descends if I let go of the lever. Won't stay up.
  4. gary7

Have a Dual 1229 got back playing. Works except the lift lever won't stay in the up position after I lift the arm. Any way to tighten it up to hold the arm up?
  5. gary7

Technics SL-1400 MK2 in the house.

Service Manual. Also shows in the owners manual which this pic is taken from. that's where I sprayed the de-ox.
  6. gary7

Pioneer PL-L1000 owner's thread

Read Pio1980 recommend on post #5 on this thread. I would heed his advice and not mess with it. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-pl-l1000a-service-and-repair-questions.782074/
  7. gary7

What issues are you still having with your PL-L1000A?
  8. gary7

Lafayette LR-5555A receiver lamps flashing

Well. probably ruined it. I gave it a good spray of cleaner & working back & forth when I first got it. Was working and now is back being intermittent. Sigh.
  9. gary7

It also seemed to do the same with the input selector switch, which is similar to the power/speaker switch, but not to the same extent. I only used contact cleaner. Would using something else help?
  10. gary7

Intermittently. Sometimes when I just turn on it will flicker till the relay kicks in. Sometimes it will turn the lamps on with just turning it on.
  11. gary7

Picked up this decent Lafayette LR-5555A receiver. Plugged in, turned it on, the lamps flashed & the FM signal popped in and out. De-oxed all the controls, especially the power/speaker switch. Helped, but still will flash lamps and pop and then have to work the switch. Thoughts?.
  12. gary7

Dual 1229 Anti Skating Interfering with Auto Start

The SM shows & explains (page 8) how to line up the disc, AS lever & AS knob. Just don't over tighten the nut.
  13. gary7

Dual 1229 Anti Skating Interfering with Auto Start

Did you check if the oval plastic anti-skate cam is cracked? Just was working on a 1229 also. Mine was cracked and had similar issue. I checked some Dual carcasses and pulled on off a 1219 ( it did not have the 2 stubs the 1229 cam has). Got it lined up, tightened, and a drop of fingernail...
  14. gary7

Update. Got a PL-L1000A month or so ago. No sound. The 1000A has a mute switch. Must have been stuck. De-Oxed and got sound. Had issues with the arm dragging back across a few grooves when it lifted. I was recommended to adjust the Cds. Was going to do that, but had issues with the CN-1 power...
  15. gary7

Yamaha P-300 vs. Technics SL-1300

I've had both. I would say the P-300 is the better built table, but more complex. Also the proprietary headshell. The SL-1900 is decent, but the earlier Technics are better. But more headshell availability. IMHO.
Back
Top Bottom