Recent content by Gavijo70

1. Gavijo70

I can't identify these speakers. Help!

Or Gefco which I understand is not that well regarded.
  2. Gavijo70

After pulling the woofer it appears these really are just posers. At least a recap would be easy as the xo is just a 2 and 4uf npe free floating in the cabinet.
  3. Gavijo70

No I haven't even removed them from the car yet. But I probably will later as I'm always looking to learn more.
  4. Gavijo70

These were a curb find so no investment loss. From a 25mph drive by I thought they were ARs. so of course I stopped as I love free ARs. Disappointed I loaded them up anyway. They will go to my antique booth instead of my collection as recapping and resealing these would be probably more work...
  5. Gavijo70

I agree. That being said I do have a set of KLH Model 20s in my collection that have an RCA connection that sound pretty nice for the size. But then again even KLH may fit squarely in the mid fi category as you suggested.
  6. Gavijo70

New pics posted. It obviously had some type of back sticker in the past. Other cabinet is the same condition.
  7. Gavijo70

That's what I thought as well on the house brand. The quality of the veneered cabinets and cloth surrounds had me stumped. I would have thought this brand at this quality of build would have at least inspired a small thread somewhere on the Internet. Maybe they were a one and done builder.
  8. Gavijo70

Google is usually very helpful in identifying obscure speaker models, including white van type. These have me stumped however. No info to be found on the pictured logo. Cases are almost identical to an AR2ax in size and weight. Removing the grill it's obviously acoustic suspension with inverted...
  9. Gavijo70

AR3A cabinet stuffing question

Yes I have used modern fiberglass. Just last month I picked up a set of 4XAs at a habit for humanity thrift store for $5.00. Grills with original badges and all. I found it hilarious that some old small Sony plastic speakers were next to the AR speakers and priced at 6 times what they were...
  10. Gavijo70

Thanks for that. I have restored many AR speakers but mostly 2A 2AX and 4X and XA. I usually just discontinue the wax caps in those and leave in place. First encounter with the big 5 pounder in the 3As however and departed from my normal, and removed it all together.
  11. Gavijo70

Yes the AR3A restoration guide. All hail the folks that put that together.
  12. Gavijo70

After an AR3A recap and pot restore I removed the old large 50/150 cheese block capacitor completely from the cabinet. Do I need to account for the volume of that sucker (of course not it’s weight) when replacing the original rock wool? Or is it really not an issue?
Back
Top Bottom