Recent content by Gcman123

1. Gcman123

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Zu speakers are great! We now have two sets of DW’s, they sound great. Real happy with the fit and finish, great company to do business with. No speakers are perfect, but the Zu’s are perfect for us. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do. What finish did you choose? Both of ours are in dead...
  2. Gcman123

Dirty Weekends vs JBL Studio 590

It’s kind of misleading to compare the frequency responses of one speaker from 2014 and one from 2002. I suspect 2019 versions might be a bit different. Otherwise a good article
  3. Gcman123

Better hurry if you want the Zu’s , the sale ends soon.
  4. Gcman123

My DW Zu’s are hooked up to a McIntosh Mac 4200 receiver and they sound amazing. My wife liked them so much we ordered another set, should get those tomorrow. Zu Audio is a great company to do business with; the build quality and custom finishes are really cool as well.
  5. Gcman123

This will go in my exercise room. My wife insisted on these after we got the first set. My original plan was to get some OHM Walsh1000 speakers for that setup, but just couldn’t resist the Zu’s. We have 4 systems in our home, so perhaps more Zu’s someday.
  6. Gcman123

Oops! I did it again. Just ordered another set of DW’s.
  7. Gcman123

Great speakers! Zu DW Omen in dead black with clarity caps and rubber feet. Since these photos I have repositioned them a bit, and also tried them with my McIntosh Mac 4200. Sound amazing, thinking of getting another set.
  8. Gcman123

I don't think you'll regret pulling the trigger. DW's both look and sound amazing.
  9. Gcman123

I would say your spot on how they look, except you can see the figuring of the hickory up close. Zu could do better with color descriptions and photos, but I suspect all finishes look great. I really love mine, and I'm glad I chose Dead Black Hickory.
  10. Gcman123

Mine are only getting better. Got about 25 hours on them.
  11. Gcman123

Got my Zu audio Omen DW’s yesterday…They both look and sound excellent. Got them in dead black hickory with clarity caps and rubber feet (must have for concrete floors). Long wait but well worth it. These replaced a pair of nice sounding Q Acoustics 3050’s…Huge difference in sound quality! Zu...
  12. Gcman123

Wow!!! McIntosh Mac 4200…

Your gonna enjoy that Mac 4200. I really like mine… I was lucky that all it needed was new batteries and the terminals cleaned. Just to make sure I had it inspected at the “Audio Doctor” of Phoenix. He is very conservative about re-capping and changing parts as long as they are still in spec...
  13. Gcman123

Thanks for the part number
  14. Gcman123

I found an old thread from 2009 that showed the batteries for a MAC 4200. One post insisted on using NiCd batteries, just as C_DK had posted. I found this interesting as the ones in my new/old MAC 4200 were Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), and looked almost new. They would only hold a charge for a...
  15. Gcman123

Agree, I normally prefer Silver faceplates as well, but I really like the looks of this one and the performance is amazing in my opinion. Good luck on your search.
Back
Top Bottom