Recent content by Gearjunky

1. Gearjunky

MC2505 9300uF modern filter capacitor replacement part # sub?

I thought about that too but honestly, unless you are hovering over the unit, you can’t see the sticker. Now my unit cosmetically is in C+\B- condition and I don’t plan on selling the unit so I’m not too worried about original looks. If someone had a trailer queen for a unit, then the sky’s the...
  2. Gearjunky

Either way works! One is cheaper than the other! I do enough elbow grease with my job in HVAC, I prefer to go nice and easy when it comes to my electronics. Plus I don’t mind supporting the smaller business people. As always, to each their own :D
  3. Gearjunky

I didn’t change em out do to poor sonics. I noticed the rust ring around the chrome so I immediately changed them out. It played fine before the recap and plays better now.
  4. Gearjunky

Interesting on the date. I just checked my records and I bought them in 2019, oh well. As for the size, the terminal spacing is a drop in replacement. No mods necessary. The original caps were taller by about a 1/2 inch or so and the Hayseed caps are shorter than the originals as well. Just...
  5. Gearjunky

Sure here ya go! Yes Hayseed for this and also used them for an mc2100 recap too. Got a 2105 left to do and then I’m done! :rolleyes:
  6. Gearjunky

I got these about a year ago straight from McIntosh. $100/ea. I was a little hesitant on the blue color but all in all I’d rather have blue-new than trying to stuff the old ones. That’s just me though.
  7. Gearjunky

‘Vintage’ Mcintosh SS amp to go with C29 preamp and AR3 speakers

Another 2105/Ar3a satisfied user here. Plenty of power for my needs. I use either a c38 or mx110 and it’s a sound that can be listened too all day or night. Best of luck! Only photo I have on hand
  8. Gearjunky

Best way to cut 2" ridged Rockwell insulation?

I used a duct knife from the depot to cut all my 703. If new, it cuts effortlessly.
  9. Gearjunky

Where to find a MX110Z PT ? T-124-127B

My tech did not put in an in-line fuse. Do you have any info on this? Or where it is to be installed? Thanks
  10. Gearjunky

Where to find a MX110Z PT ? T-124-127B

My mx110 transformer went south several months ago. I ended up getting a new transformer from Patrice @clinic-audio and it worked out perfectly. I still have my old non-working one and may have it rewound in the future.
  11. Gearjunky

Mc30 - no tubes lighting up

Thx, I will look at the solder joints again. Yes bare wire for the heater/filaments.
  12. Gearjunky

Anyone surprised by the c26 or c28 preamp?

Haha whoops, already corrected
  13. Gearjunky

C27/mc250 is on all day long. Never get tired of it. A no frills but solid performer for a vintage pre.
  14. Gearjunky

This was spot on for me. I have several repair techs by me but I go to one over an hour away. He found issues with the left channel of my mx110 and so he replaces the bad parts, but he does a ‘mirror repair’ to the right channel so that parts are of the same make and age. He does this no matter...
Back
Top Bottom