Recent content by geddy402

1. G

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

No, I didn't take any pictures. Other than a few wires so I made sure I put them back together the right way. Are you asking about pictures of the new hardware? If so, it’s a new tweeter assembly, mid driver that you screw on the back of the existing plastic horn, and crossover. The cross...
  2. G

Got the upgrade kits and installed them this week. As someone who has had the 3s for about 4 years I am pretty familiar with their sound and I really enjoy listening to music through them. It’s hard to say that the upgrade kits fixed everything that is wrong with the 3s, because that would...
  3. G

Anything else that people recommend doing while in there changing stuff?
  4. G

Well it didn’t take much arm twisting and ordered the kits today. Hoping its not a complicated swap!
  5. G

I’ve also been a little forte 4 envy recently. I’ve had my 3’s for about 4 years and love them, but like most things with this hobby then eternal, “can it be better?” question pops up. These kits sound interesting but wonder if they are a noticeable difference. I’ve heard changing the...
  6. G

Klipsch Forte III, IV or Volti Razz

I’d also like to hear others opinions about this comparison.
  7. G

Step up transformer with vintage Mac gear

The SUT finally came in. Hooked it up and had a brief listening session with a few mono records. Sounds nice! Hook up was easy and I didn't hear any noticable hum, but will keep spinning and see how it goes.
  8. G

Appreciate the reply and suggestion. I'm going to see where this SUT journey leads but may end up going with this if I can't get anywhere with the SUT. Thanks!
  9. G

I actually did max out the 225. It got loud enough for listening, but felt like it may be missing some oomph that a SUT may give me to push the speakers a little more. I don't listen at insane volumes so it's not really a huge problem, but wanted to see what a SUT will buy me with this cart...
  10. G

Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered the Bellari on Amazon, so we'll see how that goes. Should be here next week. Some reviews say that they have hum issues, hoping it's not something I need to struggle to get to work right...
  11. G

With the MC cart it was too quiet following those instructions. Needed to turn up the 225 and 110 about 3/4 of the way to get to that point of too loud and back off from there. Anyone have suggestions for a step up transformer? The ones I've seen online seem too expensive and the cheapest on...
  12. G

Good point. I did switch over to the radio for dinner and had to remember to turn down the volume. The tuner section is strong and I’m continually surprised by how good the radio can sound.
  13. G

Recently got an AT33 mono cartridge to use on my vintage jazz records. Just hooked it up today and have been enjoying it so far but have been wondering if I should get a set up transformer. The AT33 is a MC cart but seems to be putting out decent voltage that I can get a nice listening volume...
  14. G

Tannoy Stirling versus Klipsch Forte 3

Thanks for the advice and video link. Does this upgrade get the 3s close to the 4s?
  15. G

Tannoy Stirling versus Klipsch Forte 3

So I’ve been curious about Tannoy speakers for a bit. Everything I read about them seem appealing. A bit laid back but not muddy. Bright but not harsh. But, I’ve never listened to a pair. I currently have a pair of Klipsch Forte 3s that I run with different vintage Mcintosh gear. Right now I...
Back
Top Bottom