Recent content by gentlejax

1. G

who has moved from a class a/b amplifier to CLass D digital ?

Ive run thru at least 100 different preamps and HT processors. Ive had only 2 pair of speakers. Same thing with amps. Class A/B , G, and D. I realized quite a bit of my issue wasnt the amp it was the preamp or whatever i was using to feed them. The sound i like would be considered...
  2. G

Any experience with Class D amps and impressions?

I know this is a old thread but the new Class D 3255 Texas Instruments chip amps are pretty good for the money.
  3. G

sounded to me like that poster was drunk. I would NOT take his opinion seriously.
  4. G

I started this thread 6yrs ago. needless to say I have heard many amps since then. even made a couple using some of the newer class D modules . I come to realize I could make my class D sound more like my class AB with a little EQ or a change in the source unit (preamp) . if you still...
  5. G

I could say you are wrong based on data and testing OR I could say you are wrong based on listening . Either way it wouldnt be a wrong or right answer because the sound is subjective. It depends on the other equipment and the room and the persons ears . the same amps will not sound exactly the...
  6. G

Can a Pro p2201 do 4ohm loads in stereo?

yikes...I never saw the responses to the other thread. at the time I didnt know for sure the impedance. I was specific in this thread. had I known there were the replies on the other post I cerainly wouldnt have posted this post since the other one gave those answers as for the JBL 590's ..I...
  7. G

Its ok. Sorry i was grumpy. I have some stress going on
  8. G

I didnt say i “was buying” a new amp. I said i hate to buy a new amp. The intagrated i have is a Wyred4sound STi-1000 which is a dual mono design with 2 ice power class D boards inside. Does 500x2@8ohms. 1000x2@4ohms. Yes its a beast. Im going to run the yamaha this weekend on the...
  9. G

I have a pair of low power jbl subs. Currently running them with my integrated but id like to use my integrated with my mains as its over 500 rms and the yamaha is only 200rms. The towers i have (jbl 590) sound better with more power. So can the pro do 4ohms ? I bet not. I hate to buy...
  10. G

Yamaha P2201 ok for sub duty?

It will not be bridged. It will be running cheap low power JBL subs . I cant recall the specs but they are low power. I cant remember for sure but i think they are reading 4ohm per sub. Will it run 4 ohm? Like i said i dont recall and at the moment its not wired up. I can make changes
  11. G

Yamaha P2201 ok for sub duty?

I have an integrated that has a ton of power which means i no longer need 2other amps. My choice is keep my 1502 crown or run the yamaha 2201. I know the crown will work. Would the yamaha ? I know some of the other yamaha Pro amps ive used were not built to power subs. Might have to...
  12. G

Review of Fosi Audio V3 Stereo Amplifier

I had the AYIAMA or whatever its was A07 and it had plenty of power. liked it so much I bought my son one for his first little stereo. I can hear him across the house now. I Am going to buy either the v3 or the BT30 soon after I sell some other stuff because for the money and space savings...
  13. G

RX-V995 no output to external amp

I forgot that I swapped to different cables and didnt switch over the switch on the amp from female to male XLR ..its working now
  14. G

RX-V995 no output to external amp

Having issues. Using optical input cant get any sound from external amp. I did get sound using internal amp. Is there a reset for the unit ?
Back
Top Bottom