Recent content by geph0007

1. G

Poneer PL 50L II v PL 70LII

I have Pioneer PL 50L II and I am wondering if moving to a PL 70L II is worth it performance wise? Considering that a Pl 70L II costs almost twice what a 50L II goes for. Thanks
  2. G

Which Pioneer to get??

Hi, I had all of these at one point or another and some head to head. The 1080i was more focused and solid state/brighter then the 1050. The 950 was somewhat like the 1080 but a little smoother. The 850 more muddy but more pleasing. The 3900 was very good but the soundstage seemed odd...
  3. G

Bugle Boy 12AU7 tube ID?

Thanks Never took it that way at all so no worries.
  4. G

Raytheon 12 AX 7A Different?

So what are we saying? The ones on right I have had for while and are a little more clear and focused sounding The ones on the left are more tubey for lack of a better term I the the former .
  5. G

SORRY AX7!! Rogue Cruo0nus Magnum II and III
  6. G

Bugle Boy 12AU7 tube ID?

OK thanks. Legally blind guy so that doesn’t help. Wife is out of town. I did try to blow it up with the phone but to blurry. Not a big deal. Just curious.
  7. G

4 and 8ohm taps what sounds best

We used to tell customers which ever sounds louder or has more bass . Rogue actually told me the same thing concerning Cronus Magnum 2 and 3
  8. G

Bugle Boy 12AU7 tube ID?

Cannot see any engraving
  9. G

I have had the one pair that is slightly blurry for a couple of years. The print is worn off now, so this is from when I got them. I picked up another pair thinking they would be pretty much the same thing. They sound different. Also, the logos are just slightly different. What am I missing...
  10. G

Bugle Boy 12AU7 tube ID?

Any idea what year or era this BB is? Thanks
  11. G

Tung Sol 12AX7 in Rogue CM ll or lll

Thanks
  12. G

Sub for Magnepan 1.6QR

Not looking to build anything and trying to stay in the $200 to $350 range used. I know they likely will not be the main speakers Added a couple more choices. Not that committed to it. B&W ASW 1000 12 inch Def Tech Pro Sub 1000 10 inch Kind of like the idea of it having a passive verses just...
  13. G

Sub for Magnepan 1.6QR

While I love my Mirage M3 speakers I would like to use my Magnepan 1.6QRs which require a sub. I had a B&W 10 inch I used with them a while ago and it was decent Acoustic suspension. I know someone will say REL. Not doing it. Not putting out that much as I may not use the1.6QRs that much. I...
  14. G

I used a Brimar CV 4003 and Raytheon Black plates in the V II. In the V III which has slightly more meat on the bones the Brimar sounds muted/thick in the highs so I use a Raytheon 5614. Never a JJ in the preamp spot. If I put the JJs in the other slots on either unit the stage backs up and...
  15. G

The current re issues.
Back
Top Bottom