Recent content by GerryS

1. G

Crescendo CS3006 Help Needed

I have used lacquer thinner on those IMG cones to clean off the glue. Wet down a rag and keep rubbing and adding thinner. It will come clean. Also good for getting the glue off the baskets. You get a better shot of centering the cones, especially with the 8" and larger units, by removing the...
  2. G

Can someone ID this Infinity model?

The curved front corners are a giveaway that they are from the Reference line. They are acoustic suspension. Yup, vinyl wood veneer. They do sound good though, and unlike the US comparable Reference Four, the Reference 50 were made so they can be bi-amped
  3. G

Can someone ID this Infinity model?

Infinity Reference 50. In USA they would be Reference Five. Edit, If it's an 8 inch woofer (20 cm), it would be equivalent to the Reference Four. Reference Five had a 10 inch woofer.
  4. G

Amplifier recommendations for Infinity 2500 speakers?

Here is the tech sheet for them: http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/1500_and_2500_technical_sheet.pdf An amplifier with at least 100W would seem to be appropriate. The tweeters are probably blown, causing the muddy detail lacking sound. Gerry
  5. G

infinity 10 inch woofer foam installation issue

Good to hear! I am from the "Don't do anything that can't be undone to bring it back to original" camp. I would unsolder if possible. Gerry
  6. G

I'm in the club - Infinity Reference 10

That is correct. Those 6.5" woofers are also used as the mid bass in the Reference Six. Gerry
  7. G

The smaller ones should be the same. However, the smaller ones seem to be less touchy with centering. I don't generally shim the 5" or smaller drivers. That being said, I am in no way an expert on them, but shimming them would be more precise. Gerry
  8. G

Actually, I have done a few of the 8" and 10" Img woofers. That concave dust cap is easy to remove. Just start picking at it with your fingernail, and then run your fingernail round it until it comes free. It is pretty indestructible so you don't have to baby that dust cap. You'll have that...
  9. G

Infinity reference three and four woofers

I bet they sound nice! The CS (crescendo) series were built for and sold by Circuit City at about the same time the Reference One thru Six were made. The difference was that the CS series were a ported bass reflex speaker, where the Reference were acoustic suspension speakers. The Reference...
  10. G

The Reference Three and Reference Four (names spelled out exactly as above) are from 1991-93 or so. IMG drivers. The speakers in that series was Reference One - Reference Six. Reference Four - Six had the Emit-R tweeter. Those two smaller speakers are Reference Threes. The bigger one is a...
  11. G

Yes, the Ref two, three and four used the same 8" woofer Gerry
Back
Top Bottom