Recent content by Gheugi89

1. Gheugi89

Grundig Majestic 2028U-Restoration

The resistor is R37 on the schematic....will do!
  2. Gheugi89

Here's a pic of the power resistor.
  3. Gheugi89

The schematic calls out for a 1.3k 3W power resistor but I replaced it with a standard 1.5k 10W resistor.
  4. Gheugi89

The full-wave rectifier I'm using comes in an IC chip rated for 600V 1A...would it make any difference if I make one using 1N4007 diodes? As far as I'm concern, the new JJ 50uF+50uF rated at 500VDC is installed correctly per the schematic drawing, but I'll double check to make sure I do have the...
  5. Gheugi89

I replaced the electrolytic caps and the 2.7k resistor that had burnt out, but I still can't listen to any radio station on either AM or FM. I can hardly hear a faint station on the BC band but nothing more. I did clean all tube sockets and tubes with some Deoxit cleaner, but no luck! Not to...
  6. Gheugi89

Awesome, thanks!
  7. Gheugi89

Thanks sgmlaw for the information. I did replace all the paper caps but I missed two electrolytic caps C35 and C52.....so I'll replace those as well. I did clean the switches, tone controls, and volume knob with Deoxit contact cleaner. I haven't done a voltage check out with tubes pulled out but...
  8. Gheugi89

The only electrolytic cap I replaced was the 50uF+50uF filter cap. I guess I overlooked any other electrolytic cap and only replaced the coupling ones. After carefully reviewing the schematic, it seems I missed the C35 and C52 caps. Would this be the cause of my issue? By the way, sorry for not...
  9. Gheugi89

Quick update: I finally replaced all the coupling capacitors, power resistor, filter caps, and rectifier (silicon 1N4007) successfully. I also was able to find a perfect replacement power transformer that I salvaged from another Grundig tube radio (Model: 2520). However, after replacing all...
  10. Gheugi89

Folks, here are a few more pics of the cabinet and radio. I haven't worked on the cabinet yet until I'm done with all the electrical work first. I'll keep ya posted of the progress as I go along with it.
  11. Gheugi89

Hey just dave, I will post some pics of the outside soon. Thanks for your interest.
  12. Gheugi89

Great! Sounds good....just let me know.
  13. Gheugi89

I only had to replace the EM84 "Magic Eye" tube and the EL84 output tube.....everything else seemed to be fine.
  14. Gheugi89

I hope so, wish me luck!
  15. Gheugi89

Ok, well I'll keep looking around then. In the meantime, I'll keep replacing the coupling caps and tubes. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom