Recent content by Giulio Maiocco

1. Giulio Maiocco

Any cat lovers here?

Cat lover? Definitely Y-E-S!! Here are the 2 small ones that chose us as their slaves:rolleyes: 3 months ago. We had to raise the grey one with milk bottles, as he was found in the abandoned house next door and no "momma cat" in sight for more than 1 and a half day. The tuxedo arrived a bit...
  2. Giulio Maiocco

Miss Bootsie's Final Viewing

My three feline boys, my two doggies and me are really sorry to hear about Miss Bootsie's passing, I can easily understand your feelings in this moment, as I lost quite a good number of furry friends, the last one only few months ago. I "replaced" the last one, and I'm very happy to have done...
  3. Giulio Maiocco

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

+1000:thmbsp: Cheers Giulio
  4. Giulio Maiocco

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Hi, I know that the thread is about cats on audio gear, but my little friend, Sky, sometimes sleeps on my printer… We adopted him (or, better said, he adopted us) about two weeks ago, because unfortunately we found our original orange tabby, Red, stiff as a board in a small green area very...
  5. Giulio Maiocco

Choosing a power tube for next amp design

Hi, The 6DQ6A (or better, the B version), or any of the compactron reincarnations should fit your bill. With a B+ of 460V and a screen grid voltage of between 175 and 200V, preferrably stabilised, you should get between 71 and 79W from a pair of tubes. Also, the Raa required is in the...
  6. Giulio Maiocco

Show yer diy tube amp guts

This is a guitar amp I built for a friend, P2P style. Every "wound" component was wound by me in my small lab. Hope you like it http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=8284968&postcount=115 Cheers Giulio
  7. Giulio Maiocco

Show us the neatest point-to-point wiring

Hello, Does this amp qualify? It's a guitar amp I built for a friend, all the transformers and the filter choke were wound in my lab by me. I cannot hear any hum out of it even with volume control turned to 10 Cheers Giulio
  8. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

Hey Billy, I like very much your salute! By any chance, do you speak a bit italian? I'm more of a cat person, but we have 2 labrador at home and I like them, too! To be honest, they would do anything to please us, so, what's not to like about these 2 gentle mannered giants? Our twin...
  9. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

I know, I know ;) :thmbsp: Blackie is very smart already and is quite a character, he is very affectionate, but at the same time he likes to explore and sometimes, as you said, he messes with stuff. So, maybe I have found (and live with) the only dumb tuxedo cat in existence, Leo, my other...
  10. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

I always loved cats, even Leo, with all his defects (he sleeps in house at night, but almost every day, he meows quite loudly at 4.30AM, disturbing and irritating everybody. He just wants to go out, but grrr, being waken every day so early really is annoying), but these two twins are in another...
  11. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

A little update to resurrect this old thread Here are the two troublemakers @ 4 month old
  12. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

Beowoolf9, I think we understood each other! The real problem is that you don't know that our masters are 5 in reality, 2 dogs, a male and a female labrador, and 3 cats, as Leo (6 Y.O. tuxedo) is missing in these photos. If you'd like to see some photos of him, this is the link to the post...
  13. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

Thank you Cactus Bob, I like the doggie/kitten photo too! :yes: "Doggie" is an almost 2 years old Labrador named Boss and yes, don't be fooled about his physical dimensions, he is not a small boy and weights almost 100lbs.. Nonetheless, he LOVES cats and would never hurts one! Cheers Giulio
  14. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

Thanks! :D About them getting on audio gear, I think it's impossible, as the good stuff is in the man cave and no one is allowed to go in here, not even my mom, besides this, the man cave is so full packed that it's almost dangerous to stay in there. Well, maybe when I get the parts I need...
  15. Giulio Maiocco

We've been adopted...

...by these two 3 months old furballs :thmbsp: They are named, for obvious reasons, Red and Blackie, both males from the same litter. They are very smart and, at the same time, they LOVE to be petted! They are not afraid of our dogs, as you can see in one of the photos, and this is a very...
Back
Top Bottom