Recent content by gjesse

1. G

Looking for MC Cart Suggestions

I apologize...mixed up my Steves...meant Steve Guttenberg. But I see your point, MC support seems pretty limited when you look at the math. I think I’ll start by replacing the 2M red stylus , maybe upgrade to blue, and put a chunk of change into upgrading the phono pre. I think I’ll keep...
  2. G

Hmmm. One of the Mani’s big selling points is it’s MC capability, which was regarded as better than its MM performance, In Steve Hoffman’s review - using an expensive (for my budget) MC cart....Zu DL-103 I believe.
  3. G

Thanks all for the thoughtful replies....gonna take some time to digest before I decide on anything. Your input is greatly appreciated...
  4. G

Interesting. Looking forward to hearing more...
  5. G

Great reply, thx! Maybe the tonearm is the next thing in line then. Plenty to chew on that’s for sure...
  6. G

Thx for the reply...Yeah, that was my first thought, to replace the stylus and upgrade to 2M blue. Good to know there are others I could consider as well. I’ll look into it. But since my phono pre will support MC I thought I’d look into trying it out. Curious what part(s) of my system...
  7. G

Thx for the reply. I am looking at the DL-103 though. I hear a lot of praise for that one, and so far it seems to be a good fit in my system.
  8. G

Looks like a nice cart. I’ll add it to the potential candidate list ...thx!
  9. G

Thanks for the reply...I’ll look into it
  10. G

Excellent ideas, all. I’ll take em into consideration...thx!
  11. G

Thinking of trying out a MC cart on my system...here's my current setup config: TT - Rotel direct drive RP3000 with Jelco SA-50 tonearm (~15-20g effective mass, takes carts 5-17g) Cart - Ortofon 2M Red...the cantilever got tweaked to the side at some point and sits off center by a...
  12. G

Vintage Consoles - Fisher or Grundig?

Multiplexer...the schematic shows in/outs for a 'space expander'. Is that one and the same?
  13. G

As always, thanks for the input y'all. Looks like I'll be going with the Fisher, especially after finding a pic online of the underside of the Grundig tuner chassis. Couldnt pack any more in there if you tried. I know whichever one I get will need a cap job, and I just know I'd screw...
  14. G

Excellent info...thanks! To be clear, I'm looking to use it as-is for a living room piece...not trying to pull it apart for components. No Grundig love out there? Love the look of it. Not sure what to expect with the short wave, as far as reception and what kind of programming I'd hear. No...
Back
Top Bottom