Recent content by glen65

1. G

Got a Pioneer SX-770 today- need some help

Here https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/got-a-pioneer-sx-770-today-need-some-help.475394/
  2. G

SX-1980 powersupply rebuild. Did I cover everything?

Yes, you don't need to remove the fuse to check it, just get rid of the jumper. But it will probably test bad, simply because of the heat it's already been subjected to. As Mark pointed out earlier you can pop the fuse if not handled properly. When replacing, the leads need to be heatsinked, and...
  3. G

SX-1980 powersupply rebuild. Did I cover everything?

The board is such a mess it's a bit difficult to make heads or tails of things. But TF1 is a 109c Thermo fuse that is physically coupled to the power resistor, in case it overheats. This should never be bypassed. NTE8108 is a replacement.
  4. G

Kenwood KA-5700 Phono signal only in left channel

You need to get it to someone who can inject a steady signal into the input, so the signal path can be traced to locate exactly where it's dropping off.
  5. G

Kenwood KA-5700 Phono signal only in left channel

Try working the tape monitor and dubbing switches several times, then make sure they are in their proper position.
  6. G

Realistic STA-200: Kenwood built ?

No, RS receivers were built by Foster Electronics.
  7. G

Quick question about Nad 3020 & Bourns trimmers

Either way will work. But I would go with jumpering two together at the base of the pot.
  8. G

Harman Kardon HK3490 DC Offset adjustment??

No, this receiver doesn't have a DC offset adjustment.
  9. G

Technics SA-300 transformer source?

Before you go too far looking for a transformer, check and see if the internal thermal fuse is blown.
  10. G

Who made Optimus line?

It was Fostex electronics well into the 90s, then there was a transition. By 2001 they stopped rebranding receivers and sold RCA-branded audio.
  11. G

No radio signal at all from Marantz 2270

If J802 is actually hitting ground, you would lose the 35 volts DC, which is supposed to be present at the emitter of H805, and likely damage some components as well.
  12. G

Looks OK..Just was curious if everything was present at the AC source.
  13. G

Just curious, did you check the AC input voltage across J804 and 805? You would also need to check each of these terminals with respect to ground.
  14. G

Technics SU-V8 help please

I had a similar situation with a Pioneer system. The difference was it would go into protection from startup. I did a meter check on all components and found nothing shorted or open, yet there was rail voltage level DC at the output. There was nothing wrong with the output or driver section. The...
  15. G

SX-750 no sound, relay clicks

You can also use headphones to check for sound. The jack just taps off the main amp through some resistors.
Back
Top Bottom