Recent content by glue_ru

1. glue_ru

Hickok 600A Troubles

I was suspect of that and let it run for a couple hours with no more issues. And cleaned the shorts stacked switch, dry clean with a toothbrush, took off a good bit of something... Talking with an old Navy Radio guy he says those neon bulbs can develop an internal short, hot to ground, not...
  2. glue_ru

Hickok 600A Troubles

Glad to find this post, working on a 600a with the short light on dim in all positions, everything seems good, changed to a NOS NE51 and problem solved. Would not have thought of that. Weird, what causes that in the bulb?
  3. glue_ru

Magnavox 150aa Monoblocks - best set up

"China" makes both good and no-so-good caps. The trick is finding good ones that aren't knock-offs. For the quality ones, you pay nearly as much anyways. Some yellow poly's work fine, the filters, electrolytics, you want quality there, not motor-start grade caps.
  4. glue_ru

BellSound Systems 2122A restoration start

I'll start measuring voltages today from the PT onward.
  5. glue_ru

Really only needs an 8ohm output, though I can see where 4ohm could be handy. The way it came was truly bad for speaker terminals and how the wires ran out, 3 outputs from OT, schematic shows two. So, should i start from end and try to rewire to a schematic that doesn't match, though it's the...
  6. glue_ru

so no it does not. Didn't make any changes other than remove the input mic adaptor that interrupted with a small transformer, ran the new shielded line to gain switch from radio input jack, through a cap and resistor, not looking at it or schematic right now to say values. Though no input...
  7. glue_ru

exactly what happened, what a mess. The 1st coat is looking really good now over a grey primer, going to wait a LONG time before the second, and then again for clear coats. So I'll resume the repairs probably tomorrow morning, 36 hrs for thew 1st coat to settle and dry, then do 2nd coats in a...
  8. glue_ru

the setup, 2 at a time, each ring one at a time, an hour or so, shift and move to the next.
  9. glue_ru

thanks, been putting it off for a while, but once you get into the swing of things and find the right circles to clamp with, using a Westmalle beer glass, the rim is exact for the outer ring and a plastic container with an odd rim lip that fits right inside the inner ring, spent a while looking...
  10. glue_ru

halfway there, one cabinet done
  11. glue_ru

and in the watching the paint dry time, re-foaming a set of Bose 901's
  12. glue_ru

not done yet, had to order a speaker terminal strip and the large capacitor can phenolic mount, so mean while, painting the patch and top. Rust-oleum has a Kona Brown color that is very close. So taped it up, painted the PT black and now the chassis top, waiting to dry for a clear coat...
  13. glue_ru

cool, worth keeping or selling.
  14. glue_ru

like a plastic sealed case. You know they're bad when they make noise hitting the trash can.
  15. glue_ru

thanks, but, all 22 caps went without question, not going to replace 20 out of 22 on a 70 year old unit.
Back
Top Bottom