gogofast
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi Gogo. I am finally a member here on AK. It has been a long time since we traded my bicycle for your amplifier. I hope you have been enjoying riding. I love the Eico. It is currently driving ADS 1230's. I am using a Sansui G-9000 for the pre. It seems like a waste of the Sansui in a way, but if the Eico needs attention I only switch the speakers over and keep rock'n. I want to thank you again because the trade we made started a whole new world of audio appreciation for me. So, thanks again.
    Cheers for that. Appreciate your advise. Tube amp I'm on the look out for it is then. I picked up a Marantz 1070 today which sounds nice however makes sense with the tube. Thanks again.
    Never mind, I must have clicked the wrong person. Its been a while and I cant find the original thread now anyway. Thanks tho
    hi,
    after a quick link to an oscilloscope, one of the tone control was the issue. had to take that section apart and clean the contacts from the inside instead of just spraying from outside. after that, it worked as new!
    Hi Gogofast
    My AU-9500 has developed the same problem as yours a few years back...I was wondering if you ever got this resolved?

"hello,
    before i take this unit to a doc, i thought i'd ask you guys for a possible cause of this problem. i have sansui au-9500 with fading right channel problem. at first i thought it was just those dirty oxidated pots, but after 3rd cleaning with deoxit, still same problems exist.

when i turn the unit on, both channel sound excellent. after about 10 mins. of listen, right channel fades. when i turn the bass and mid tone range dials, the right channel comes back to normal and stays that way for another 10 - 15 mins and then the same thing again. after a few of those, it start to sound scratchy on the right channel all by itself.

any idea what's wrong? is it the coupling caps? please help. thank you. "
    Dave
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom