Recent content by Goldie99

1. Goldie99

HarmAn Kardon 930 Bias Adjustment Help

This might help - it's page 11 of the SM....
  2. Goldie99

Realistic STA-2080 - Runs quite hot

The red meter lead is in the wrong multimeter socket for mV DC measurements. Check the MM user manual.
  3. Goldie99

Realistic STA-2080 - Runs quite hot

Maybe try checking the bias with the meter probes in the correct sockets for mV DC
  4. Goldie99

Help with Power switch wiring (Nad 3020)

Another option, which I didn't see before unfortunately, would be to just reverse the connections, e.g., put the mains blue & brown to the rear-most terminals, and move the red primary wires to the middle terminals - if there's enough slack for that.
  5. Goldie99

I'm pretty sure last time I used one it was a 'Heyco 1150', whch was from Mouser. They're a tight fit with 3 core mains leads, but dimensionally equal to the originals: https://www.mouser.co.uk/c/?q=836-1150 In the mean time, if your original clamp is not too 'chewed up', you could cut the...
  6. Goldie99

I'm not at my pc, but the following link shows the exact 'type' of clamp you have (I don't know if this one is the correct size, but the type & manner of fitting is correct). The smaller part of the clamp has to be compressed onto the cable to insert, or remove, the cable + fitting from the...
  7. Goldie99

It'll be tight after so many years, but you can release the mains cable clamp, and extract it and the cable backwards out of the back of the amp. You can obviously then adjust it to whatever length you need and replace it. I use a pair of long nose pliers to compress the moving part of the...
  8. Goldie99

NAD 3020 Series 20 (1st version) Convert 240v to 117v

I imagine the internal yellow & green wires probably relate to the tapped secondaries (2x secondaries, with 2 or 3 taps).
  9. Goldie99

No idea I'm afraid, I've never had to open one. As for the labelling on the back, it was probably cheaper like that than having several different labels.
  10. Goldie99

If that's indeed all it has, then I'm afraid it sounds like you don't have the multi-region transformer (there were different transformers), and it won't be suitable for US voltages. I guess your options would be... leave it wired for UK 240V and use a step-up transformer (US voltage to UK...
  11. Goldie99

You shouldn't need to open the transformer at all. How many wires do you have coming out of the transformer (before it was opened) and what colours are they ? The hfe service manual shows the various wiring 'combinations' for the different global areas, e.g., UK, US, etc.
  12. Goldie99

pioneer sa-v1160 resistor burn

I think you'll find more support in the Pioneer forum - not one of my specialities, but I can tell you R259 is part of the Zobel network. It would usually burn from high frequency oscillation, maybe as a result of a bad load ? boutique speaker cables comes to mind, but it's not an amp I'm at all...
  13. Goldie99

No problem, let us know how you get on.
  14. Goldie99

I'm not sure what the Swedish standard is (?), but if the amp in your photo is correct for Sweden, then it has the mains switch wired as DPST (double pole single throw) - so it's switching both mains live & neutral at the same time. That would indeed be a 'like for like' change, to the rear 4...
  15. Goldie99

Does anyone know what type of glue this is that was used on voice coils?

Not sure, but you could maybe have a look at something like T7000 - the black adhesive used to seal a lot of mobile phones. It also softens with heat, so potentially removable if necessary.
Back
Top Bottom