Recent content by Gonkulous89

1. Gonkulous89

Replacing old Vega D9 Fuse?

Good to know! Actually, Both Tone AND the Loudless were active when this occured. Which I had not done since getting these D9's not too long ago. It felt so good, hahaha... but literally took 30 seconds for the left to Kaputz. Maybe I have the wrong pairing for the level of sonic elation I...
  2. Gonkulous89

I bought it off ebay maybe 8 or 9 years ago, and when it arrived it was a little dirty cosmetically, but everything functions. The only knowledge of update to it was replacement to electrolytic filters in the power supply section. So, to my knowledge it could be all original besides that. What...
  3. Gonkulous89

The push and twist is what I was missing in my technique. Got it out. Visual shows the little string in the fuse (don't know the terms? circuit? wire? connect?) is severed. Definately kaputz.
  4. Gonkulous89

So pretty sure I overpowered my Cerwin Vega D9 (Singular, not plural. Just one of them...) whilst pushing some unholy power levels of volume (just past 12 o clock area.) with my Pioneer SX-1050. It's completely silent on the left (the blown one), so fairly certain it's a fuse? I saw another...
  5. Gonkulous89

Floor speaker pairings for SX 1050?/good audio advice?

I have not had this reciever professionally reserviced. It will sometimes on rare occasion do these electrical sounding LOUD pops randomly (no volume or channel matters in this scenerio) . And then it won't for a while. No wires are being crossed or touching where they shouldn't be. etc...I...
  6. Gonkulous89

Both sets running. Both 8 ohms. I know what you're talking about with the protection circuit, but no it doesn't. I often listen to about halfway volume. Which doesn't seem to hurt my speakers. Just past that though they can't handle it/start to distort.
  7. Gonkulous89

So I've destroyed tweeters and some drivers on some freebie floor speakers at JUST past halfway volume on my Pioneer SX-1050. This is a "for dummies" kind of post. I don't know alot about the technicals of impendance and most things home audio knowledge. The set up was: SPEAKERS channel A...
Back
Top Bottom