Recent content by GooGooMuck

1. GooGooMuck

Stereo Rehab experiences

I took my Onkyo A-10 to Casper last year just to have it checked out. I mentioned a few things I was concerned about being that it is almost 40 years old (ie. power supply filter caps). Turns out everything was good, besides needing a minor amount of bias adjustment. So what I came away with...
  2. GooGooMuck

what to do with crap records?

Throw them at zombies.
  3. GooGooMuck

What was your first receiver?

An Onkyo tx-25.
  4. GooGooMuck

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

"Digital Ready" in ads for speakers when CDs were hitting the scene.
  5. GooGooMuck

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Meatmen "Rock 'n' Roll Juggernaut"
  6. GooGooMuck

Clearaudio satisfy arm question

Happens to all of us :thumbsup: Yes, with two levels just in case.
  7. GooGooMuck

Because no matter how far I backed it out there was still a significant amount of force moving the arm back towards the base. So I backed it all the way out and there is still enough force to move the arm towards the base. It is also still enough to move the cart's cantilever laterally when it...
  8. GooGooMuck

The quing platform has already been deemed defective. This second issue is that the arm moves back towards base when floating in a zero vtf (balanced) state and the anti skate is also set to zero (magnetic screw removed).
  9. GooGooMuck

Have another question. When I set the arm to have a zero balance it drifts back towards the outter edge of the platter even with the antiskate screw (magnet) removed. The table is balanced. So question 2 is, is it normal behavior for this arm to exhibit antiskate behavior even in the absence of...
  10. GooGooMuck

Thanks for the replies. Just picked up the table so I am well within return period. I'll contact the dealer and discuss options. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't some behavior that was common to this arm first. Other than that, in my opinion this is a fantastic sounding table and...
  11. GooGooMuck

Hello all, Can anyone tell me if the cuing mechanism on this tonearm is supposed to pivot back and forth? The horizontal platform/bar piece that the tonearm actually rests on is the piece that pivots. Problem is when i lift the cue in the middle of an album, that piece swings slightly as the...
  12. GooGooMuck

Raspberry Pi disappointing

I might be mistaken, but I believe that ethernet and USB share the same bus on the pi. If true then maybe the dropouts are caused when the pi calls to refill its buffer through ethernet causing it to stop sending through USB.
  13. GooGooMuck

What's your latest audio purchase?

Just put together a Raspberry PI with a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro as a headless music server. Next is to rip my CDs to flac and enjoy not having to get outta my seat to change the music.
  14. GooGooMuck

ESS Tempest LS8 refoam?

Done! Finally had some spare time. The most time consuming part was removing the old gasket. After gluing the new surround the the cone and letting it dry overnight, I used a 30Hz tone to center it while gluing the basket edge. Success! No voice coil / former rub whatsoever. I'm also plesently...
  15. GooGooMuck

RPi and Runeaudio

I'm doing the same setup (except went for the pro version on the DAC+). Still trying to decide on what OS to load on it though while waiting for it to arrive.
Back
Top Bottom