Recent content by GoRNR

1. GoRNR

Boston Acoustics a400 woofer

I'm going to give a refoam a go. I manipulated the cone while gently pushing and releasing. With a minor shift/movement of cone it cleared all rubbing with my ear near cone center. I have a good used spare woofer, but I would like to rework the original driver if possible. Thanks for...
  2. GoRNR

Thanks for the quick reply. So it would seem there may be degraded VC adhesive in the VC gap. Thoughts on cleaning it out?? My approach would be to carefully remove using paper to absorb fluid and then IPA to remove any residue. Or should I assume the VC adhesive is degraded to useless and...
  3. GoRNR

Hi to All- I'm getting back to my projects in the man cave (finally). Several years ago I bought a pair of BA A-400's. The mids and woofers had been refoamed by PO. What I noticed after some more critical listening was a minor imbalance in speaker output L/R. I manually depressed the...
  4. GoRNR

Serious Speaker Question

Maybe a Nakamichi PA-7 or Threshold S/500 or McCormack DNA 1. Since you feel the need to "push it", high current SS power amps would seem like the way to go. The Onkyo you mentioned has those meters-- something for the eyes as you push the big AR's, right?? ;)
  5. GoRNR

KEF 107 and Kube setup

What he said ^^^ I think the Kube is primarily to enhance the bass response. From your description of the sound quality the Kube probably won't help that much. If you do a search here on AK for KEF tweeters ferrofluid you should be able to find a thread or two that discusses what happens to...
  6. GoRNR

ADS L-2030 Help

StimpyWan is spot on with his soldering description. I would add the typical pitfalls for first-timers are too much heat, too much solder, and disturbing the soldered connection before it solidifies. All things that can lead to a bad, sloppy appearing solder connection. Practice is the key...
  7. GoRNR

ADS L2030 Restoration

This would be another good reason to have Richard rebuild the drivers. Hidden surprises that could prevent easy identification of a minor audio degradation. And the type of thing that might cause you to wonder at times if you heard something that was just a bit off, or was it just something...
  8. GoRNR

KEF T33 SP1210 tweeter repair?

Maybe try contacting KEF about replacements or the 'bay for good used?? I'm not (yet) familiar with KEF products, so I don't know if KEF stocks replacements for that model tweeter. Keep in mind that something from the auction site may be older and the ferro-fluid may still need removed and...
  9. GoRNR

The Teledyne Era of AR...

I can say that your desire for one of those models is worth pursuing, IMHO. (Owning AR-9's, AR-9LSi's, and MGC-1's.) Hope to eventually put them side-by-side near the long wall (22' - Klipschorn corner coverage) with electronics to drive each nicely. More culling will be needed first though...
  10. GoRNR

Bozak Symphonys now join the collection

Merry Christmas John! With all your speaker finds, did the AMT's go into cold storage?? ;) Just kiddin'. I've been lurking around the forums a bit and keep seeing that you're adding speakers to your collection. Congrats on your rewarded ventures pursuing improved sound. From the looks of it...
  11. GoRNR

Anyone know anything about Koss CM /1030 speakers?

^^^ This info is spot on. I also have a pair of CM1030's. The speakers have the first version of the crossover. They have the typical corrosion (bluish/green corrosion bloom) issue with the crossover components- especially the resistors in my experience. I'm not sure if the resistor leads...
  12. GoRNR

ADS L2030 Restoration

Looks like you had the correct transport for those rare legends. I've done the stairs thing myself with AR-9's, AR-9LSi's, Klipschorns, and on. I have found a hand truck w/oversized tires, doubled-corrugated cardboard and/or moving blanket and that second set of hands reduces the back strain...
  13. GoRNR

ADS L2030 Restoration

Nice Matt, but it's drizzling here in NE Ohio and NW PA with lots of road spray and slop. :yikes: I hope you have a hard bed cover or tonneau cover for that speaker in the bed! Is that a soft bed cover I see on the left edge of that one pic?? I hope so. And congrats on some legendary...
  14. GoRNR

ADS L-2030 Help

I may have missed this post earlier in the thread. Maybe the drivers that aren't working have been tested in the "good" cabinet and work?? Carry on...
  15. GoRNR

ADS L-2030 Help

I'm not familiar with this model ADS (I used to own a pair of L-1230's though), but is cnarv at a point that he should check the drivers' continuity individually?? Or if not too difficult swap drivers between speaker cabinets?? The missing fuseholders and damaged front panel switch indicate...
Back
Top Bottom