Recent content by Gowler

1. G

Marantz 5025B belt replacement

Hi Dave, First off thanks for the great tutorial! I feel confident I can get through the process but have a question. I just purchased a one-owner Marantz 5030b. It's in great shape but as with most, it needed a belt change. Got my belt set from Bob at Vintage. All the belts have gone to goo. Of...
  2. G

Marantz 5030b belts which goes where.

Hi all and Help! I just purchased a one-owner Marantz 5030b. It's in great shape but as with most, it needed a belt change. Got my belt set from Bob at Vintage. All the belts have gone to goo. Of the two smaller belts, one slightly smaller than the other. Can you tell me which one is for the...
  3. G

Aiwa SC E-80

Hi All, Looking for the spec's on SC E-80 3 way Aiwa speakers from the early 80's. Poked around the web but know luck. Really need dB & Ohm. Thanks Terry
  4. G

15 watt per channel speaker suggestions

Hi all, Putting together a Marantz 112 tuner powered by a Marantz 1030 amp and wondered what speaker recommendations you might suggest. Price range, under $200.00 & being used in a detached 1 car garage man cave kind of thing with sheetrock walls & open rafters to a peaked roof. I'm not trying...
  5. G

Marantz wood case plans

Thanks Makis, That would be great!
  6. G

1030 amp bookshelf speaker sugestions

Hi all, Putting together a 112 tuner powered by a 1030 amp and wondered what speaker recommendations you might suggest. Price range, under $200.00 & being used in a detached 1 car garage man cave kind of thing with sheetrock walls & open rafters to a peaked roof. I'm not trying to fill the...
  7. G

Marantz wood case plans

Hi All, I wonder if there are any wood case plans out there. In my case it would be a WC-10 for a 112 tuner and a 1030 amp using the size case. Any other size case size plans could be used as a guide though. I know a box is a box and plenty of pictures on the web but I want to make as authentic...
  8. G

LED v/s Fuse lamps

Thanks for all the responses, the vellum replacement worked great. It's back to it's true blue self again!
  9. G

LED v/s Fuse lamps

Hello, Just changed out my 2238 with led's and found found I had uneven lighting across the dial face. It seems to be dim in the space between the lamp clips. Unfortunately I got excited and tossed the old lamps and then noticed the unevenness of the display so I can't do a cross test. Anyone...
  10. G

Cassette deck noise

I have a Marantz 4025 cassette & receiver combo I'm cleaning up. The deck has one problem. When I push play with or without a cassette in it I get a scratchy swoosh swoosh sound. With the volume all the way down the two level meters are still slapping back and forth pegging out on both sides...
  11. G

Cassette deck noise

I have a Marantz 4025 cassette & receiver combo I'm cleaning up. The deck has one problem. When I push play with or without a cassette in it I get a scratchy swoosh swoosh sound. With the volume all the way down the two level meters are still slapping back and forth pegging out on both sides...
  12. G

Speaker Recommendations

Hello All, I have a 4025, 2238b that are in good working order and a 2230 I'm re-lamping and recapping. I'm trying to come up with some good small bookshelf speakers, A 2 way 5 or 6" woofer or midrange and a tweeter, or a 3 way if you know of won that small. Something that will complement the...
  13. G

marantz turner string

Thanks all for the input! Now to give the restring a try.
  14. G

Marantz receiver + cassette

Greetings, Can anyone tell me if the 4025 was the only receiver which included a cassette in it. Also any comments on that model or any other Marnatz models would be appreciated. Thanks Growler
  15. G

marantz turner string

Hello all, New here and this is my first post. I'm doing my first refurbish on a tuner, a 2220 my boss gave me and in doing the lamp change out I burnt the string. That's getting off on the right foot but a lesson learned. I saw some great threads on restringing but didn't know if you need...
Back
Top Bottom