Recent content by grabread

1. grabread

Sony PS 4300 Turntable. Need advice about potentiometer

Thank you. have ordered them.
  2. grabread

Yes, tone arm does affect tp4. Goes from 7.1 v to about 5,5v The voltage drop seems about right but the voltage is a bit high should be 4.4v dropping to 2v I will order some bits and replace the defective ones found earlier and maybe all will be ok. Diode needed is a EQ A01 13R. Any recent...
  3. grabread

Thanks for replying. I will have a look later today. I have found a couple of faults elsewhere on the board which need to be rectified. D104 zener diode is open and R125 100 ohm resistor attached to it is down to 36 ohms and getting very hot. Thanks very much for your help.
  4. grabread

I have been trying to repair the above turntable for some time now. There are a lot of voltages that are wrong in areas of the board. At the moment I am trying to figure out the potentiometer RV 201. In circuit it seems to measure about 20k in any direction but having pulled it it measures 53k...
  5. grabread

Help with Sony D/D turntable please

I have been trying to do this one on my own but soon realised I am out of my depth. I am trying top repair a sony PS 4300 direct dive turntable. I bought it as a non runner in the hope of repairing it myself. A previous owner has recapped it and it looks a competent job. I have started to get...
  6. grabread

Quick question on interpreting a schematic

Agreed. The best !
  7. grabread

Thanks for that, it's not on my schematic well done for finding.
  8. grabread

It's a Sony ps 4300 turntable. motor does not start so trying to work through the board. Just never come across these bracketed figures before. For example the (1.3v) figure at the base of Q 201 there I cant seem to find, tried pushing buttons etc. Many thanks.
  9. grabread

From a Sony turntable
  10. grabread

On a schematic and there are 2 voltages quoted (one below in brackets) does that mean it would be this voltage under certain circumstances i.e if a button was pushed or some other meaning. Thanks for any help .
  11. grabread

Please help diagnose power supply board

I think I have been measuring this wrong. I was using turntable ground and not the black wire. DC volts blk to red 7.26 blk to violet 22.4v Blk wire to D303 7.91 Looks like power supply ok then? problem must lie elsewhere. Many thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.
  12. grabread

Just pulled the diodes and all check ok and orientation good. caps replaced with known good and correct orientation. Is it likely voltage regulator bad?
  13. grabread

Thanks for your reply, the board seems unmarked as for cap orientation. It all looks good, no sign of heat damage. I gave an AC figure as DC is just millivolts and pulsing as if AC? I am thinking someone has got the caps in wrong way? would that do this or am I way off here?
  14. grabread

I have a Sony turntable that has a non working motor. . I think it is the power supply board but of course I may be wrong. I have 37.5 v Ac on all pins of Q301. Someone has replaced the capacitors so may have got them in wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you.
Back
Top Bottom