Grainger49
Last Activity:
Oct 18, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Electrician for Habitat for Humanity, EE (Retired)

Share This Page

Grainger49

Old Fart, Male, from Knoxville, TN

Grainger49 was last seen:
Oct 18, 2017 at 2:52 PM
    1. turbomustang
      turbomustang
      i bought a pair of Koss esp.7 which came with the energizer but one side takes the headphones and one side goes to my home amp but it has 5 wires and i have not a clue what to connect can you help ?
    2. Odysseous
      Odysseous
    3. Mcenroe7
      Mcenroe7
      Good morning..I was able to post pictures of these on the Infinty forum (infinity speaker ID)..when you get a chance, could you look at them and tell me what you think? Are they indeed servostatik..and if so, have they been altered? Thanks!..Roger
    4. Mcenroe7
      Mcenroe7
      My cell phone is 425-503-1186, and email is rogergopinath7@yahoo.com. Seller has given me until wed to decide to purchase before he lists them on local CL. Thanks..Roger
    5. Mcenroe7
      Mcenroe7
      Hi grainger, I have a huge favor to ask. A flea market seller I know says he has a set of servostatik speakers, and I can obtain them for $200. He has sent me pictures but I do not know how to post them on AK. Sadly I have always had trouble with this. Would you mind having me send you the pics to your email or text them to you for proper identification?
    6. partroy
      partroy
      I just read that you worked on the ss1 system. I have a complete working system but have a problem with the crossover. Hum on the sub at idle, hiss on the highs, and a discharge sound after turn off. I have a second crossover that also has a similar problem. Can you help?
    7. downinmexico
      downinmexico
      Hello Grainger. I came across one of your postings while looking for some information on a set of speakers I just acquired. They are the RTR 280 DRs and the ESR-15 electrostatic tweeters. Would you happen to have any info on these things? I have been looking everywhere, but not a lot out there on them.
    8. Drauto
      Drauto
      Hello Grainger 49 . I'm a 50 year old man that considers himself familiar with a multimeter.Recently bought a pair of vintage Infinity RSIIIb .I read that it is a difficult load and wanted to confirm that with a static resistance test . Low and behold when I tested the terminals on the speakers it reads open circuit...the thing that baffles me is that the speakers are good for the fact that I can play them when connected.At first I thought that it might be a bad connection but even when I measure the resistance through the wire that goes to the amp ( disconnecting the amp out of the circuit of course ).Is there any explanation for this ? I've measured the resistance of speakers all my life and this is the first time that I see open circuit in the speakers and they still work ?.Thanks if you can explain me that .I know the multimeter is good because I tested other speakers and it gives me a plausible readiung .
    9. Ronald77
      Ronald77
      Hello Grainger,

Let me introduce myself, I am Ronald 37 years old and I live in the Netherlands.
      I purchased a pair of Fuselier 3.8 D speakers and I saw you have or had a pair of these speakers. Could you please send me some more info on these speakers. There has never been a dealer here so I can't find much info on them.

Sincerely Ronald Buist
    10. wshirley
      wshirley
      Howdy Grainger.. just checking in! Things have been really bad here in south Florida the last few years. Divorced, lost the house, lost the job with CitiBank when they got rid of 33k people in 2008, etc etc. Been working as an independent for the last few years. No money.. Going back to the banks. I also have an Amazon affiliate website, audiocenter.biz... 2013 looks like the turnaround year..
      My contact info is: 954-906-3699 cell and wil9926@bellsouth.net email
      See ya soon
    11. Greep
      Greep
      I know Randy's contact info in FL if you want it. I saw him out here in SF a couple of years ago
    12. jeb1155
      jeb1155
      Grainger49 I have a pair of Infinity 2000a Speakers..
      and one has a problem a coil burned up. I would like to know more
      about how the powered part of these works..
      and maybe you have a schematic of these or wiring diagram??
      Thanks for any help you can offer....
    13. pmsummer
      pmsummer
      Yep, a 40A, my first "quality" turntable.

The Thorens is out of the loop right now (went from semi-auto to manual on me... gotta figure that arcane adjustment out), the Fons isn't set up yet, the Beogram is dedicated to the Living Room, so I moved back over to "Old Faithful" for my vinyl fix.

Thanks for the compliments on the LP collection.
  • About

Electrician for Habitat for Humanity, EE (Retired)
    Retired (K-C) EE, sold audio in the 60s and the 70s, Psychology Degree too

Cars, photography, audio, Habitat For Humanity volunteer electrician

Signature

If you are on Social Security and Medicare it can be 5:00PM any time you want.

Grainger Morrison

[SIGPIC]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/Grainger49/Signature/GiveLifetubes.jpg[/SIGPIC]