Recent content by Grav

1. Grav

Thorens owners group

Hi, Folks. I just picked up a TD-125 MkII, "new" in the box, never installed to replace my modded 160. The nostalgic in me wants to keep it as is, tonearm and all, and find a great cart to go with it. Pairing it with a McIntosh MA6200 and AR3as, I play mostly 60s and 70s rock, 50s and 60s...
  2. Grav

2 pairs of AR3a on one amplifier?

Wow! Go out of town for a few weeks and I missed all the fireworks! I'm running three pairs of 3as off an MA 6200...if the OP gets one he'll be all set for when he gets his third pair.
  3. Grav

Ever heaerd of this speaker company?

Back in the 1970s I sold encyclopedias door to door. I met an engineer from Dupont who had taken conch shells and fit each of them with a very small speaker at the center. As most of you likely know, conch shells are natural Fibonacci constructs. He had lined the intersections of his living...
  4. Grav

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

My modded TD-160 is pretty good, but I'm on the lookout for a TD-125 Mk II. I have some 50 year old Brazilian rosewood I'm saving for the plinth!
  5. Grav

MA 6200 volume on left channel is lower than right

Yup. And here's another clue for you all: In mono my problem disappears. It seems to happen only in stereo and stereo reverse modes.
  6. Grav

AR-2ax repair

I posted this on another thread. Try K2r on the grills; two applications but don't use the plastic brush that comes with the can, use a softer one, then vacuum gently. K2r is an old product that claims to be dry cleaning in a can. It did a wonderful job on my most recent AR3a grills. Do it in...
  7. Grav

Rega RB301 tonearm manual

I need to adjust the anti-skating. Here is what Vinyl Nirvana sent me (Thanks, Dave): If you move the tonearm out of the armrest and toward the record, you will notice there is a slot with numbers beneath it, just behind the armrest on that plastic assembly. That is the anti-skate. I would...
  8. Grav

I should add that I got my unit from Audio Classics a year ago after a complete rehab. Is anyone else with the problem driving three pairs of speakers (in my case, AR3as) simultaneously? Also: I'm running a patch to an MA230 and a Marantz receiver, and the channels are fine.
  9. Grav

Let me know if you find a cure...my 6200 just exhibited the same problem. Last Friday it was fine, then Saturday I had to rotate the balance control to 10 o'clock to even it out.
  10. Grav

Thanks. I found an RB303 manual on Rega's website, but the anti-skating is completely different.
  11. Grav

Been looking online but what I find are sites that require registration or Russian sites...no way to tell if any are safe to visit, much less download a file. Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks in advance.
  12. Grav

EV Aristocrat - Worth Rehab?

So I got them apart and found that one enclosure was older than the other. The newer has holes for Presence and Brilliance (only presence has a pot). One was wired with white zipcord, the other with what look like odds and ends. There is some ancient homemade weatherstripping where the mid is...
  13. Grav

Thanks, All. I'll start hunting down the parts. I think I want to go with separate speakers since I want to learn about crossovers and wiring. Exactly that! Thanks!
  14. Grav

So excuse the noob question: is there a difference between the gray and brown SP12Bs?
  15. Grav

I've read a lot of the posts on the Aristocrat, and know that my situation is common: my pair are very different from each other. My main question is: are they worth the time and effort to bring them up to snuff? After removing some nasty insulation...speaker one has a gray SP12B and T-35 with...
Back
Top Bottom