1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

grey's Recent Activity

1. grey liked GordonW's post in the thread Tweeter DCR Reading Question.

If the issue is one tweeter in a pair being louder than the other- then what does the other tweeter read? The exact value is not...

Dec 9, 2018 at 9:30 PM
  2. grey attached a file to the thread Who here has a tractor and what kind?.

[ATTACH] Long 510 built in Romania. Picked it up for free! It had several hydraulic and injector pump leaks that have been sorted for...

long side.JPG Dec 8, 2018 at 3:23 PM
  3. grey liked mhardy6647's post in the thread From tubes to solid state--your experiences?.

If you don't mind slinging some solder, and if you don't mind waiting a bit, try building one of the single-ended soiled -- umm, I mean...

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:22 AM
  4. grey liked BMWCCA's post in the thread Do these JBL woofers have aquaplas?.

If they have a rough coating on the back, likely gray, that's the Aquaplas. If those are yours, you'll need to replace those Lansaloy...

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:09 AM
  5. grey liked Retrovert's post in the thread ISO audio grade/Crossover bipolar capacitors.

A lower gauge (thicker wire) has lower resistance, so lower losses and less effect on damping factor, i.e. the back EMF produced as the...

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:43 AM
  6. grey liked saabracer23's post in the thread ISO audio grade/Crossover bipolar capacitors.

For the .15uf cap you just need to replace that with a film. If you want to go with Mouser then I’d just get some Panasonics or similar....

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:43 AM
  7. grey replied to the thread Can anyone recommend a good digital caliper?.

Practical Machinist recently published this nice summary. They have a positive note on the igaging absolute. What Type of Caliper...

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:05 AM
  8. grey liked HypnoToad's post in the thread Can anyone recommend a good digital caliper?.

Yes, I am stoked with mine (iGaging Absolute Origin), and have been using it for around 6 months and no problems with the battery, it...

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:59 AM