Share This Page

grillebilly

Empty Head, from Fairfax VA

Subscriber
grillebilly was last seen:
Viewing latest content, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:31 PM
    1. bluestime
      bluestime
      You probably already know this but musicmakers.org has a list of shows in your area I think you would enjoy. I live on the wrong side of the country but I sure would be attending most of them if I could. I think it's probably your kind or music. Very good prices on their cd's too. BT
      1. grillebilly likes this.
      2. grillebilly
        grillebilly
        No idea..thanks for the heads up!
        May 20, 2016
    2. jsjazz
      jsjazz
      did you ever find a Kenwood lamp bezel? I am in need of one for a KA-6000.
      1. grillebilly
        grillebilly
        Yeah I forgot who it was but he was from Australia....what a guy!
        Dec 13, 2015
    3. aschoenberg
      aschoenberg
      Hello
      I have recently acquired (trade and purchase) a TX-4500 and a TX-4500 MKII. I read you post and it seems you are also a fan. I hooked up my Project turntable to both and I am picking a hum up (high volume, record off) on the TX-4500. The only thing I did to these 2 receivers was clean them up a bit and DeOxIt all the pots. Any suggestions on what I can do to diagnose or adjust these two great receivers to get them back into fighting condition.
      Thanks
      Andy
    4. Rome
      Rome
      Hi gb!

Naw, I sure wish I could have owned one back then. Onepixel started a conversation about it. I told him back in the 70s when I was a teenager I would walk to several motorcycle dealers in Tyler, TX.

Just thought about those times & found the picture.

One dealer stocked Bultaco & Hodaka bikes. A Rat was one I wanted so bad & a funny looking green one IIRC. Can't remember the name though

My parents saw me in anguish many days :D, so they bought me a 1970 Honda CD175 in '74. I was in heaven!

Always loved those two-stroke bikes & the sound they emit, especially the race prepped ones are just awesome.

Could not wrap my brain around oil mixing at that time.

I leaned more towards the 4-stroke Hondas, until that Bad*** Kawasaki 900 came out.

If ever become wealthy enough, I am going to build a race prepped Kawi KZP 1000...

Good stuff & memories. Thanks for stopping by & glad you were a part of history.

Don aka Rome
    5. Tonkatoys
      Tonkatoys
      Hi there grillebilly. Saw your post re. the Boston Acoustics A150 surrounds. Maybe you can help. I have a pair that need new surrounds. It's been a while since I researched this but as I recall the A150's I have require the "flanged" foams. The foams are a different or unique geometry. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. John
    6. 66pross
      66pross
      alchol is nice ,but blown and injected is the only way to go !!!
  • About

Birthday:
    February 3
    Anything overpowered-cars, bikes, stereos

Signature

Easily amused, seldom amazed