Recent content by grochon

1. grochon

Fisher 700T or Marantz 2230 Receiver

I have all of the above except for the Fisher 700T, which I have never heard, but many here claim it's Fisher's best solid state receiver! Gary
  2. grochon

Fisher 700T or Marantz 2230 Receiver

If you had the choice between a fully restored Fisher 700T or a Marantz 2230 receiver, which would you choose? Pros and cons would be nice! This would be for long term musical enjoyment of instrumental jazz ballads and popular crooners (Sinatra, Bennett, etc.). I have a restored Fisher 400...
  3. grochon

Mono - can we talk mono?

My opinion is that the most impactful part of any audio system is/are the speakers. For my stereo system, I chose Ohm omni's for a more natural and immersive musical experience compared to most traditional direct radiating box speakers which would give me a more localized sweet spot which, to...
  4. grochon

Mono - can we talk mono?

Sure wish we had a separate audio forum for all things mono, except for the kind I caught when I was in college!
  5. grochon

Mono - can we talk mono?

Thanks, SixCats! aka Tom in Maine. I think Bogen is underrated in the audio arena, except to those who own vintage Bogen equipment! Because of that, Bogen pieces tend to be much more affordable than the usual suspects (although the B61 turntable is a rebranded Lenco L-70, which is no slouch!)...
  6. grochon

Mono - can we talk mono?

Yes, the angled feet are stock but many units that you see for sale have them removed. I don't know why...they are only PAINTED gold!
  7. grochon

Mono - can we talk mono?

My mono system is mostly Bogen: Integrated amp: DB130 AM/FM Tuner: R660 Turntable: B61 (w/Denon DL-102 cartridge) DIY Speaker: University 312 in a University designed cabinet I need to restore my Ampex 960 And my FM50 tuner and RR501C receiver. Everyone have a joyous and...
  8. grochon

Fisher Solid State Receiver

Thank you Dave for your response/assessment. My Fisher 400 was also restored by Dave Gillespie and is currently driving my KLH 5's! Great combo for listening to Ben Webster, Chet Baker, etc.
  9. grochon

Fisher Solid State Receiver

I have a Fisher 400 receiver which I love! I also have a Marantz 2230 receiver which, to my ears, sounds almost as good as the Fisher. My question is this: Is there a Fisher solid state receiver which sounds as good or better than the 2230, keeping the same sonic presentation as the 400 and...
  10. grochon

Audio Club of Maine (ACMe)

Welcome aboard, Will. I used to live in Yarmouth but relocated just north of Augusta. There's some nice folks on this site but sometimes life gets in the way of our hobby!
  11. grochon

University 6201 Crossovers & Cabinet Info

For a cabinet, how about one recommended by University for there 6201:
  12. grochon

When I turn up the Volume, I get a hum.

I have no experience with your turntable but I've recently had a similar issue with my Bogen B-61 turntable. It turns out that the wires inside the headshell were causing most of the hum. Moving them away from each other eliminated most of the hum. My turntable is made to play in either mono...
  13. grochon

Total Newbie needs advice re: speaker selector boxes

Hi bobdrob, Check out the Niles SSCV-4 and SSCV-6. I have an older version of the SSCV-6 and it has worked perfectly for my needs. It has individual volume controls for matching speakers when making comparisons or to set the audio at different volumes for different rooms. I got mine for a...
  14. grochon

Multiple speaker selector

I have an older version of the Niles SSVC-6 speaker selector. It controls up to 6 speakers with individual volume controls. You hook it up to your amplifier/receiver then hook up all of your speakers to the speaker selector box. Easy-peasy. My days of collecting audio related equipment are...
Back
Top Bottom