Recent content by Grotus

1. Grotus

Speaker ID?

Well, I went and checked them out, and they were homemade. There was a pair of Braun AG L300 bookshelf speakers there, though, and a Telefunken console with the guts pulled out.
  2. Grotus

Speaker ID?

The brother to the other. I see no badge, but it looks like a nice honeycomb pattern on the face.
  3. Grotus

Speaker ID?

Can anybody ID these? Estate Sale starting in about 2 hours, and I'm in need of an upgrade over my Marantz Imperial 5G's.
  4. Grotus

Speaker ID?

Yeah, they look completely unimpressive from the reviews and convos I've seen on here. It's a hard pass on these. Thanks for weighing in, you guys saved me a drive.
  5. Grotus

Speaker ID?

I think jcamero and you have cracked it. Nice work! Now the only question is: Are they worth going out to take a look at? I'm thinking negative.
  6. Grotus

Speaker ID?

Did Kenwood put their badge in the upper center of the grill? Most of the photos I can find have them on the bottom. Maybe they're upside down?
  7. Grotus

Speaker ID?

Can anybody ID these? I can't quite make out the badge.
  8. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

Been a while, but update time. I replaced those transistors, and now the unit is totally dead. Power light won't even come on. All voltages have stayed the same. I guess I should go ahead and replace the diodes now?
  9. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

A standard multi-meter doesn't have that test setting?
  10. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

Gents, Took your advice, and replaced the electrolytic caps only (C102-C105), did it one at a time per David's counsel, and tested after every change. Even managed to shock the hell out of myself once! As for the results, all measurements stayed the same. So it's on to changing out...
  11. Grotus

Carver Magnetic Field Power Amp

Hey, Tom, been a while, but I wanted to let you know that I ordered that kit off of Ebay and replaced the the trim caps and that underspec'd resistor. The foil on that board looked perfect, so I proceeded without the patch you detailed earlier. Everything seems to be back in fine shape, and...
  12. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

David, You on board with Sam's advice to replace Q101-105 and D101-105? Thanks, G
  13. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

Thanks, Sam, I'll start to put an order together. Dave's been guiding me so far, so I'll ask his opinion, as well, no offense intended.
  14. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

I couldn't find the test point for R103 on the diagram above. I believe it shows all the points to test, and lists the voltages in red, correct? I don't see where the voltage is called out at R103. I see it on the schematic, but not on the diagram. Maybe I don't understand where I'm supposed...
  15. Grotus

Sony PS-X6

Okay, unsoldered the leg that you did not circle in the image above, attached the red lead to it, and the black lead to the still soldered leg at the point you circled in blue above. Reading was 3.82 when I set it to 20k on the Ohms scale. Thanks, G
Back
Top Bottom