Recent content by gslikker

1. gslikker

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

My condolences. She faced what we all have to face, one day, may she rest in peace.
  2. gslikker

Wurth brand capacitors seem to be good value for the money

One time I saw a remark on the diy (not AK) forum one member mentioned the sleeves on one type of Wurth cap looking the very same as a CapXon sleeve having the text "vent" on the cap. Indeed, why would a manufacturer put "vent" on the sleeve of a little cap....I do not see a reason for that...
  3. gslikker

Quick cap question. Don't recognize this brand...

At least the "American"caps do not only imply they are American built, it is a company making caps https://www.asap-nsnparts.us/cage-codes/59366/
  4. gslikker

Do all audiophiles act like this?

nice video . Next could be a sortout done by AI of the percentage of AKers matching the description of the character
  5. gslikker

Rotel RX-602 under the radar value

For value, it indeed is "under the radar" versus the hyped brands, so at least in my country one can have it on the cheap. You could compare it to any other quality 2x35W 4-gang-FM receiver of its era. Quality is the very same as any other good Japanese brands, because of its size, it is very...
  6. gslikker

How old is this capacitor?

the Mallory MAY have a visible date code if you turn the picture a little bit more. It looks quite old (30+ years), as I think they used darker blue on more recent ones (alike the Nichicon). What you are looking for, is a code like 9504 which would imply year 1995 week 4 and several...
  7. gslikker

Hi from the Netherlands

Welkom. A good idea for getting parts is describe more exactly what you need, preferably with dimensions and/or pictures, and join/post on the Dutch "circuits online" forum, it is an electronics hobbyists forum. Of course, the Dutch "marktplaats" electronic parts section can be a source, too (a...
  8. gslikker

Tandberg TR-2040 Amp Stage Troubleshooting

Welcome to AK. It looks there is too much voltage over Q708. Also too much voltage difference between its base and emitter (a darlington should have around 1.5 Volts difference between base and emittor). It is probably open circuit.
  9. gslikker

And you thought Moog invented the synthesizer..... ;)

https://www.muziekweb.nl/en/Link/EBX0751/Popular-electronics-Early-Dutch-electronic-music-from-Philips-research-laboratories-1956-1963 funny sounds to be checked out here, also
  10. gslikker

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Chris, best wishes, I hope you all find rest and peace. It is good your mother knows new life is on its way.
  11. gslikker

Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

Strange. I cleaned up my workbench as proper as I could, but I never got such "complaints"...:biggrin:
  12. gslikker

capacitors and sound quality

You can not get away with that, it is a poly cap, too, polytetrafluoroethylene (just joking):biggrin:
  13. gslikker

capacitors and sound quality

I think a poly cap is a polymer cap, just because it is not mentioned, yet.
  14. gslikker

Tandberg TR 2060 left channel repair

Indeed warmed up, no speakers attached (or selected off if they are attached), volume control zero or no input. Suggest do not touch the pots when deviation is less than 3 or 4 millivolts from the 16 millivolts, as old trimpots are always vulnerable.
Back
Top Bottom