Recent content by gssound

1. gssound

Best “cheaper” McIntosh Integrated?

You'd be surprised how often this comes up in my mind when I'm McIntosh shopping...
  2. gssound

Interested in Mcintosh MA5100

What does the 6100 or 6200 offer that makes those models more desirable than a 5100?
  3. gssound

Garrard SL-65

Hey, everyone! Bumping this thread to keep some of this valuable SL-65 info in one place. I'm putting my parents old unit back into service (second system). Still with original N70B needle (not sure what the cart is, I'm not going to venture removing it from that headshell. I tried it out...
  4. gssound

MA 252

Is this unit available at Best Buy? Yikes! I didn't think they usually stocked McIntosh equipment. It doesn't seem to come up online. Can anyone suggest a place to purchase/hear this unit in the NYC/NJ area?
  5. gssound

Vintage Integrated or Receivers fun or distraction

Love my Scott 342-B, the sound quality is always a surprise. Right now, I'm listening to the one my dad bought in '66. It's in my main setup while my Marantz 2325 is being repaired. As I'm listening, I'm wondering why I'd need more. Looking for inexpensive vintage? As we're pointing out...
  6. gssound

MA-6100 Integrated

Think that is still accurate in the 2018 market? What might one expect to pay today?
  7. gssound

Roberts Model 50 Receiver

Yes, I thought some kind of glue, too. However, I couldn't figure out why those areas would really need glue or rubber cement.
  8. gssound

A receiver that's a little different..

Very nice looking receiver. Are those shortwave bands?
  9. gssound

Roberts Model 50 Receiver

Found this little guy the other day, and thought I'd share some experiences and pictures as there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the 'net about this Model. From what I've learned, this was probably built by the Akai company in the early 70s; otherwise, not a whole lot of spec information is...
  10. gssound

Hafler Model 300 Speakers?

Just picked up some Hafler 200 speakers and - while on the net looking for info - I found this thread. The 300s look great, I'm curious if you're still using them and how you feel about them a few years later. Still in service? Nice find!
  11. gssound

Anyone use a Speaker or Amp Selector?

...but then one would still have to change the input device, right? I’m trying to wrap my head around using one of these. Switching and A/Bing the speakers from one amp to another, I get that. But if you switched amps, then you’d lose whatever output you wanted to compare. What am I missing?
  12. gssound

Super Find: McIntosh MR 78

It didn't exactly poof; didn't see smoke. Just a burny smell; to me, more of a dusty burn, rather than a catastrophic electrical failure, but what do I know? That's why I took it apart and dusted it out. No more powering it up until I bring it to my tech, promise! ;)
  13. gssound

The picture just doesn't do it justice. It looks about 75% better than when I found it. Also, dusted inside and a did a nice Deoxit application. I purchased a TERK amplified antenna and plugged it into the 75 ohm coax connector, then sent the RCA connection to an integrated aux input...
  14. gssound

I love FM radio, and I love this piece, but I don’t know if I have it in me to spend 1k on FM radio. Even if it it’s one of the greatest FM radios ever produced.
  15. gssound

Great story. Thanks for sharing!
Back
Top Bottom