Recent content by Guest126

1. G

Does anyone else listen to vinyl with headphones?

I used to listen to vinyl exclusively through headphones up to the start of this year. There are a lot of benefits with listening through headphones. You can hear a lot of detail through headphones that may be harder to hear by speakers. I have to caution anyone that reads this thread. Its...
  2. G

Upgrading from beginner TT; Technics SL-23, Dual 503, or Sansui FR 1080

From the three, my vote would be the Dual, with maybe Technics as a runner up. All three crafts are high quality, however. Make sure thatyou get an A+ example in quality.
  3. G

Scumbag car dealers..

Ok so is it that they want to buy low, and then sell the car or truck for big bucks?? Sadly this is typical dealer behavior. I usually guide others by advising that they either hold on to their cars or try to sell privately. Selling to a dealer will almost always result in the dealer...
  4. G

Older cartridges - Tell me/Rate what I have

The M44 will come to life with a very good stylus. Excellent stereo separation and detail with voice and instrument signals.
  5. G

Which home theater receiver would you pick between these two?

I wouldn't be able to advise you just on that description. I need to know what your budget is, and the specs of each model. What is more important is that you need to define a standard for yourself, in terms of what you want out of a receiver. Decide on the power output that you desire, and...
  6. G

Dual turntables? Or other nice 70's turntables that can still be found for reasonable prices?

I have been a Dual fan for almost 30 years, and a good operating craft will not disappoint you. The Duals are very good quality turntables with excellent tracking. I have found them to be finicky when they are in less than operational condition, which may require servicing from qualified...
  7. G

New 1970s style stereo system - I'm impressed!

It should be fine for a small room, study etc. My taste and background in hi-fi components and turntables would prevent me from buying one, however. The Crosley sets are good for novices just entering the hi fi hobby, but they pale in comparison to even modest quality components. The sets do...
  8. G

My Experience with State Farm auto insurance after a young lady dented my car with her door

To the OP, I feel your pain with this situation (I've been through this.....and lots more). I apologize if I sounded harsh in my previous post but stories like this (and normal incidents that I see and witness daily) really gets me going. Car ownership can be lousy, especially if you live in a...
  9. G

My Experience with State Farm auto insurance after a young lady dented my car with her door

That is the smelliest crock of bulls**t I've ever heard. With my insurance carrier, if you have a police incident report then that's all you will need to file a claim. In addition, you have a witness!! I would take them to court just for saying this. The reality of this incident is that it...
  10. G

BSR 2260 AG Professional TT - any thoughts?

I have a soft spot for BSRs. If it can take a magnetic cartridge then I'd say its worth a try. BSRs are among the crudest of crafts, but they are stone reliable. As crude as they are, they are a thousand times better than what you'll find in the latest all in one and crosley sets.
  11. G

If you ever feel the urge to take on yet ANOTHER expensive hobby....

NOPE. Between my system and my cars I'm done!
  12. G

Technics SL-1200 MK2 A-XA secondhand market price

I've seen them go for $600 used. They are very good turntables.
  13. G

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Add me to this list (although technically I've been a listener for years). Now the count is four TTs; Dual CS 1246, Garrard DD75, GT-15, and now Technics sl-1200Mk2 with Shure V15.
  14. G

Paul McGowan "How Good was audio equipment of the 70s"

I'd say the best audio names of the 70's were of excellent quality; Many of those examples are still operational today. Sound quality.....that may still be a topic of debate; Much the same as to the amplifiers and speakers of today vs. the 1970's.
  15. G

Dual Headshell Sled Question

Can I get this Dual adjustable cartridge slide anywhere?
Back
Top Bottom