Recent content by gyrene

1. gyrene

Magnavox Flea Power: Getting More Out Of The 8600 Series - A Lot More!

Got these voltages today.Left side is pin 3 to ground of 6ca4.Right side is 120vac in. Happy with these numbers.Now to get a signal in.Need a preamp.
  2. gyrene

Today Sunday 2/2/20 my unit produces AC voltages of 244-0-244 and 6.9 on thr heaters.Can I live why these numbers? The pilot lamp will not light. Bulb looks good under a magnifying glass and the circuit seems simple enough,just the bulb in series with the Black / Red and the Brown wires,right...
  3. gyrene

Maybe I can get some help from you guys? My transformer has the following colored wires on one side ( primary ) Then the other side: BLACK...
  4. gyrene

"...no phase reversal from primary to secondary..." means go with the color code provided in the OT schematic per mfg? I thought they were phase dots but if you held a gun to my head I couldn't tell you anything about them. Thank you I'm getting close to done on an 8601 near scratch...
  5. gyrene

Dave thank you so much for your patience and continued interest in helping us out on understanding what goes where and why on these amps.May I ask a question on the schematic? I am not familiar with the black dot on the primary side black wire ... is it connecting to the Brn/Yellow ? And again...
  6. gyrene

Need someone to checkout/repair Sony TA N80ES power amp

When I put power to the amp I can hear crackling noises and the red protection lamp comes on followed by an automatic shut down. Too much for me to handle. Anyone onboard that can have a look for me? Not for free.I'm paying. Please let me know at tomwardusmc@gmail.com Thank you
  7. gyrene

Please help me I.D. this small S.E.T. tube amp?

Thank you knockbill and ferninando
  8. gyrene

Please help me I.D. this small S.E.T. tube amp?

Got this small amp a few years ago...maybe three years ago. And I don't know what it is. In that time I have begun to use reel to reel tapes and would like to hook this up to a Revox A77 mk2 deck. Can I hook that deck to this amp with no preamp? "ANY" help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
  9. gyrene

Best 1/4" audio tape?

right now the 220D is the only deck working. The 630 makes a clicking noise when put in gear and the take up reel seems to run at only one speed...to fast.
  10. gyrene

Best 1/4" audio tape?

Love you guys. Thank you Kent. Now I have to read about biasing as it applies to the Akai. I recorded off a CD > tape and can hear low wind instruments like maybe an oboe or woodwind in a jazz recording. It seems that the tape is revealing some really low lows that I had not heard on this...
  11. gyrene

Best 1/4" audio tape?

Thank you Blue.
  12. gyrene

Best 1/4" audio tape?

O.K. thank you guys.
  13. gyrene

Best 1/4" audio tape?

What should I be looking for in an audio tape to record from CD's? This will be used on an Akai GX220D or Akai GX630DB. So much information on types of tape,I'm trying to cut to the chase.
  14. gyrene

Guitar amp potentiometers

O.K. thank you whoaru99.
Back
Top Bottom