Recent content by hairy carbin

1. hairy carbin

iPhone for tube console

Hey guys, I have a Pack Bell RPC 25 Scan tube console, it came with a Garrad AT6 turntable with a disassembled tone arm. I replace it with a Dual 1009 which has a magnetic cartridge according to my sketchy tech. So he supplied me with a Pre600 preamp which is plugged into the Tape input on the...
  2. hairy carbin

Tape rca jack outlet

Hi Folks, I have a Pack Bell tube console, it came with a Garrad AT6 turntable with a disassembled tone arm. I replace it with a Dual 1009 which has a magnetic cartridge according to my sketchy tech. So he supplied me with a Pre600 preamp which is plugged into the Tape input on the original...
  3. hairy carbin

Packard Bell Console RPC-25S Restoration

I also have a Packard Bell rpc 25 scan That I have replaced and Gerard at6 with a dual 1009. I have attached the RCA jacks to the preamp tuner and I have attached the ground it to the chassis the ground coming from the dual turntable, and I’m getting a slight shock when I touch the tonearm...
  4. hairy carbin

Vintage Cerwin Vega identification?

Upon further discussion with the person selling them they said they are custom boxes, I don’t know where they got the Cerwin Vega idea from. They do look like Magnavox horns. I’m looking for something like my old klipsch fortes or some kind of a horn mid range speaker set up for my fisher 400.
  5. hairy carbin

Can anyone identify this Cerwin Vega? Thanks
  6. hairy carbin

7. hairy carbin

Thoughts on your favorite mid level vintage receivers?

I just dug out my KR-8010 that has been sitting in the garage for a while and hooked it up to some Pioneer CS-901 I found at a thrift. Both receiver and speakers are in really good shape, I’ve never heard the CS-901’s and they sounded great! I need to hear the with some of my other...
  8. hairy carbin

Barnfind Pioneer SX-1980

Thanks guys, I have a good tech near me in Vista Ca who is vey good and reasonable. I just wanted to hear it safely but didn’t want to hurt it. The tech just went thru my Fisher 400 and I just got back both amps and tuner for my 1958 Concert Grand.
  9. hairy carbin

Barnfind Pioneer SX-1980

Also serial number
  10. hairy carbin

Barnfind Pioneer SX-1980

so I got this SX-1980 for cheeeep $50, it was in a car repair shop sitting there it lights up but I told the guy to turn it off immediately. Do I need to ur a dim bulb set up to see what’s going on with it? I will take it to be gone thru and I need to repair or build new wood case for it. It...
  11. hairy carbin

Magnavox Consoles/Late 50s-Early 60s (Warning: Lg. Files)

Thanks Dave, now I just need to figure out the speaker wiring. I understand the AMP150 left side and the AMP179BA each power a woofer and horn per side.
  12. hairy carbin

Vintage Amphion Japanese speakers

Same here, I’m thinking I’m becoming a hoarder... 10 cool consoles but just need one. The one is a Magnavox Concert Grand that I just had gone thru but now need to reinstall both amps and tuner.
  13. hairy carbin

Ha! I have the same disease. I just wonder if they are 60’s or 70’s? I found some pristine Pioneer CS-901’s but don’t need them either! I’m being forced to unload stuff because I need the room, Royal Dane consoles, Danish modern consoles, Marantz receivers, HH Scott , Fisher tubes Bogen tube...
  14. hairy carbin

What’s interesting is the use of Pioneer speakers?
Back
Top Bottom