Recent content by Halcyon

1. H

WHERE TO GET ADVENT GRILL CLOTH.....

Dan, Can you ask your brother about his refinishing process? I have a couple of these and would love to make them look a little nicer. Curious as to what grit he may have used for the sanding and what kind of oil. Was it strictly that, too? Thanks, Bryan
  2. H

Advent Grill Cloth

Mega-bump! I am looking to replace the fabric on my large Advents. I see Dorr Mill has a "Prmitive Linen" and a bleached version of that. Do you remember which one you bought?
  3. H

Dual 522 sound..a little muddy...

I asked the seller about the cartridge and he said it is the original Ortofon. Either a DN 150 or 155. I don't have the turntable in front of me to know for sure. Would the table benefit from a newer cartridge? Are newer cartridges compatible with the Dual 522? Also, I looked at a video for a...
  4. H

I don't have an external preamp. I did take a closer look at the tracking pressure and have it sounding a bit better, but it still feels like the midrange is a bit muddy. Maybe it's just the Advents.
  5. H

They are brand new Switchcraft RCAs and I'm not sure how to check the phono input for spec?
  6. H

It's an Ortofon cartridge, just installed. I mean, the sound is good, but not impressing me like the CD sound.
  7. H

Hello there! I have a Dual 522 TT, powered by a Harman Kardon 330c receiver..and going to a pair of NLAs. The sound from a CD player to this system is pretty good to my ears. The turntable, however, is a bit muddy. Is this an instance where I would need a separate phono preamp to clear up that...
  8. H

Need a little help with Harmon Kardon 330C

It turned out to be a blown fuse on one of the 2A's - as well as two of the 3A's inside the receiver. And yep, the unit was off while the connections were being made. Thanks for the help!
  9. H

Help - No sound Harmon/Kardon 330C

Thanks - posted the topic there.
  10. H

Need a little help with Harmon Kardon 330C

Hi there, Today, I received a new-to-me Harmon Kardon 330C. Looks to be in great condition and it was packed very well. It was in a box inside of another box - loaded with packing peanuts. A co-worker lended me a set of large Advent speakers. I hooked up one of the speakers and it sounded good...
  11. H

Update: I hooked the speaker up to the left channel instead of right on speaker system 1. It played for a couple seconds then cut out. I ditched that speaker and hooked up a very small speaker to another channel (right speaker, speaker system 2) and I get nothing.
  12. H

Hi, Today, I received my H/K 330C receiver in the mail from Ebay. It was packed very well, and is in great condition. A co-worker lended me his old large Advent speakers. I hooked one of the speakers to the receiver and had sound from the tuner. It sounded right, but I had a moment of doubt and...
  13. H

Speakers to pair with Harmon Kardon 330C

Oh, that could very well be the case, but alas... I already have the receiver. Hearing that the Wharfedale W70s would pair with them is really all I needed to hear..even though my co-worker has a set of large Advents that he's looking to unload for $40. They've recently been refoamed, but are...
  14. H

Do you guys think the 330c could power a set of Wharfedale W70s? My wife is enamored with them and I am, too.
  15. H

Thanks - you think the H/K can sufficiently power them? Just being careful here.
Back
Top Bottom