Recent content by harleyrider

1. harleyrider

RF-7 III's Anyone own a pair?

I've been thinking lately on purchasing a new pair of the 7IIIs. Price is very very good from direct dealer. Currently have my Cornwall IIs which I'll never part with. They are ready for crossover upgrades though . But just wanna another set of speakers to put into rotation. Plus I've...
  2. harleyrider

What are asking for your VTA 70. I had one years ago and let it go. But thinking about getting...

What are asking for your VTA 70. I had one years ago and let it go. But thinking about getting back into the tubes.
  3. harleyrider

Dynaco Stereo 70 Repair

Very good video there it does explain how important insulating really is. Thanks for sharing
  4. harleyrider

Dynaco Stereo 70 Repair

Ill be watching this thread closely as im going through a OPT problem myself . Mine checked out very close to what yours did here but it is still bad i believe . Its a lot of work swapping those trannys around and testing them out so try and check everything twice.
  5. harleyrider

Spec powerhouse in da house

Sweeeeeet. love mine . Now just waiting on more pics from ya lol...
  6. harleyrider

Anything to gain using high powered amp with Cornwalls?

I run my Cornwalls on my Pioneer Spec set up ( Spec 2) amplified . Well everyone is different . I like all sorts of music and i like to feel it at times . Lets just say there isnt any lack of power or sound . And it sounds good , even at 1 oclock lol.
  7. harleyrider

Clear acrylic cover for your amp

Very Very nice looking cover .
  8. harleyrider

Dynaco ST70 rebuild

Very nice start , and very good parts you have gathered . I dont know alot about the technical input on this but i have the same amp and same VTA board you have . And was running the 6CA7 sylvania big bottles also.But lost 2 of them do to a accident. Im sure someone with experience will chime in...
  9. harleyrider

Turntable ground to Dynaco equipment

No the PAS has its cover on , ive never taken it off . Although im about to just to check things out. Seems as if its a ground problem all the way around . Just cant narrow it down . Thanks
  10. harleyrider

Well i got to try a few things today , i got more concentrated in on why i have this slight buzz/cracling sound coming out the speakers other than TT hum . I didi put in another quad of tubes and Bias is holding great on all 4 . The buzzing / craclkling sound i speak of is kinda like distortion...
  11. harleyrider

Just finished some big mods on my MkIII's

Very nice job on the Mark IIIs , i miss mine but i have a very sweet ST70 now . Not the same power but still love it. More pics when ya get em all cleaned up and dialed in ok , Thanks
  12. harleyrider

Merry Christmas to Me!

Very sweet , i like it alot .
  13. harleyrider

F%#k!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-of-Western-Electric-300B-Tube-NOS-NIB-100-NEW-TESTED-/301041178095?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item461773d5ef WOW $13,999.00 for a pair damn damn damn Oh ya look at the sellers name , Sorry to hear and see that loss of yours Frannie
  14. harleyrider

Hey just getting all the responses thismorning. Thanks everyone . 1st yes both the PAS 2 and ST70 are completely rebuilt, not by me though. They were done by another AKr and done very. I will try the suggestions you have mentioned and get back over the next couple days . I don know the...
  15. harleyrider

Ok , so where do you ground your TT to a Dynaco PAS2 / ST70 set up ? I have it hooked up now and have tried ground on both the amp chassis and the Pre chassis. Still have hum at any volume . Its not terribly bad but very noticable. Just wondering what else i could try ?
Back
Top Bottom