Recent content by Hawkgt

1. Hawkgt

How about some back yard nature pictures?

This from a few years.Checking out the dogs Agility equipment I should add this is the front yard
  2. Hawkgt

Letting sleeping dog lie

I have a 10 year old Golden that need her lap time every evening.She has been doing this since she was around 10 weeks.
  3. Hawkgt

Plug in Hybrid vs Hybrid

And no issues with power with the PHEV.If one requires the additional power and torque to get up to speed or pass it is through a combination of both the ICE and Electric Motor.It will also get up to speed fairly quicjkly when only in EV Mode but will will use up the battery a lot faster.Horse...
  4. Hawkgt

Plug in Hybrid vs Hybrid

No problems with the lack of all wheel drive.A good set of snows and thoughtful driving solves that situation.And if the weather is that bad just stay home.If we really need to go we could take my 2023 Silverado 1500 4X4 with the 3.0 liter diesel
  5. Hawkgt

Snow Blower Spark Plug Replacement

Basically replace as needed.Your snowblower won't get lots of run time unless you have a huge drive and live in a snow belt.Two strokes are a little different as they have to deal with mixed gas ,too much choke on start up etc leading to plug fouling..Basic maintenance just like your car,though...
  6. Hawkgt

To Our Brothers Up North

Well,it's not great up here.I live in a rural area near North Bay Ontario Hard to believe that the snow melt wasn't that long ago and yet the ground now is dry as a bone.So far we have only had to deal with the smoke which is heavy at times.Even at night the moon has the orange red tinge to it...
  7. Hawkgt

New Escape Hybrid

2022 Escape PHEV Titanium here in Carbonized Grey Metallic.We like it so far.Running on battery will get us into town and most of the way back.This works out to approx 57 to 60 kms on battery with a 95 % charge.I'm just not liking the the latest recall in relation to under hood fires on the HEVs...
  8. Hawkgt

First time using an Oil Change Extractor Pump

The pump will pick up small fragments out of the bottom of the pan.Also you will see the sheen on the surface of the oil.If you are concerned cut open the filter.Also use your ears.I hear you knocking
  9. Hawkgt

Along with that nice silver sheen on the oil.
  10. Hawkgt

Old school all steel.I've had it for at least 20 years.You can go down the dip stick tube to the bottom of the pan or attach it to the type of tube on the more modern stern drives that bolt to the bottom of the pan.I've also used it to pull water out of the bottom of fuel tanks,empty trannys etc...
  11. Hawkgt

I've been doing Marine Stern Drives like that for years.No mess no fuss except for the oil filter.The. one I use is a vacuum pump.Connect it.pump it up and go and do other things as it does it's job
  12. Hawkgt

Show us your boats!

Had a pair of those for one summer.Not for us.So know it's back to a canoe.A 17 ft Kicking Frog Kevlar.Room for us and our two Goldens as long as they sit still Sorry,no pics at the moment
  13. Hawkgt

If you were to buy a new vehicle.....

Nice.The Hawk also has the Race Tech Emulators along with Progressive Springs.Really,probably should have put straight rate springs.The rear has a 900RR rear shock modded to work.Also African Twin Cams that I had to get from Holland as Canadian Honda wouldn't bring them in for me.Lots of other...
  14. Hawkgt

Well so far i would say that we have an EV range of approx 55ks which includes a mix of City and Hwy driving..As we learn more about it and as the temps go up I would expect to see an increase in the EV range.The wife drives it more then I do .She tends to use more brake.Also we are only...
  15. Hawkgt

Nice Hawk.I like the paint.And what exhaust is that?I've enjoyed mine over the years.Lots of mods,but I do have all of the stock parts if needed.Bought t when I got back into bikes again.Made a deal with my wife that once the little ones came I would give up riding until they were old enough...
Back
Top Bottom