Recent content by Hayes

1. Hayes

Replace a TV, Movie, or Song Title Word With HEMORRHOID

The Day the Hemorrhoid Stood Still
  2. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

Well, I hate to say it but the original problem came back in a relatively short period. Beginning to think that there are tone arm problems although mechanically tone arm seems to be working as it should. There is the leaky cap but the table was playing good when I first hooked it up except for...
  3. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

Well, I finally got around to digging into the guts of this Yamaha. Cleaned the pot for the speed control with a little deoxit. That did the trick on steadying up the pitch. The thing is though after setting it back up it played good for 30 minutes before the sound went to hell and then the tone...
  4. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

That looks like a good McGuyver there loudnoises. I actually modified a pioneer dust cover to fit a technics some years back using the Pioneer original mounting holes and fashioned hinges out some copper sheeting and stiffer metal shims for stability. Sometimes a fix just comes to you and...
  5. Hayes

Anybody Else Having Trouble With AK Site?

Bingo!!! It's an endemic problem with many internet endeavors. That being said I am glad it is up and running. Be prepared to stay on the hamster wheel to keep up.
  6. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

I haven't had the time/inclination to open this machine up yet, but would be glad to hear your thoughts on the dust cover weaknesses and possible solutions in the meantime. We're not talking duct tape here... the universal solution?
  7. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

I will check the pitch control and how it is connected and for cracked circuit boards. One thing I forgot to mention is that on startup the speed is too fast, not too slow which would seem counterindicative of a gummy motor.... no?
  8. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

Yes. I did end up down loading Acrobat and got a user's manual and a partial service manual. Was already a member on VE. As for the cracked board/cap issue... would that be a continuous problem? The pitch does smooth out after running awhile but goes wacky again on next startup depending on...
  9. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

Thanks for the further info Don. I'm not seeing any access under the platter to lubricate. Does anyone know if taking the beast apart is necessary to accomplish this task. I have no manuals and am aware they are available on Vinyl Engine but I found that you have to download some manual search...
  10. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

Yeah Mr. L, I unmounted the cart and it is an Ortofon. It says Ortofon Denmark and that's it. I'm guessing the stylus is original to the cart, but just a guess. And yes the motor and moving parts are probably gummy from inattention or dormancy. Will work on taking care of that when I can...
  11. Hayes

yamaha P500 acquisition

++ Hey people. Got this Yamaha at the thrift the other day. Seems to be working as it should. About an 8 cosmetically. Dust cover in VG condition.... surprise. My first fully auto DD table. One oddity is I have to adjust the pitch every time when first turning on. After adjusting it holds...
  12. Hayes

Define your amp in 3 words only

Plays 1970's Music
  13. Hayes

Best Headphones under $100?

I bought a pair of the AKG 240's a few months ago and am liking them for the price point, quite comfortable on the head. Open back lets you hear things going on around you. Like a knocking on the door or your significant other yelling at you from the back room. And we don't want them thinking we...
  14. Hayes

Sansui 350A need advice

well, I dug up an old fuse holder from a parted out car tape deck. Two alligator clips later. Bingo!!! Lights(see pic). Is there a reason to just not go ahead and solder that rig in? I know I'm not the first one to do this? And would there be any reason not to switch to LED lights? I have...
  15. Hayes

Sansui 350A need advice

Hello again. Yes John, that lamp fuse that you pointed out was bad. It's weird but I still felt like I was getting continuity there but after cutting off the plastic cover you could see it is blown. And Watthour... it is a 3A fuse. Will order a couple of them and some new incandescent fuse...
Back
Top Bottom