Recent content by HeathS

1. HeathS

Tube preamp taking long time in protection mode

Ok, it is a CL-40, but I don't have the schematic. It did have a little distortion in one channel with the tone section engaged, not sure if that is related, but I don't remember hearing that before this extended time without use. Sort of a light static sound, nothing very pronounced, but it...
  2. HeathS

Tube preamp taking long time in protection mode

I have a Luxman tube preamp that is taking a long time to come out of protection, or at least it is taking a while for the signal to start to the amp. The protection light blinks for 20-30 seconds, when it stops, nothing happens other than the light going steady. The longer I leave it sitting...
  3. HeathS

EV Aristocrat with sp12, t35b, and Dh1506 mix 8 & 16 ohm?

Thanks, those look nice. I don't know how the dh1506 would compare to the T10a, but I would be curious. I still wonder if it would be better to find a 16ohm midrange, or if there may be a way to use this 8ohm mid. Thanks again for the quick replies and the helpful links.
  4. HeathS

EV Aristocrat with sp12, t35b, and Dh1506 mix 8 & 16 ohm?

I have a pair of Aristocrat cabinets and these drivers: EV Sp12, older 16 ohm with large white magnets. EV t35b black 16 ohm version. EV DH1506 8 ohm with metal 8hd horn. What sort of crossover would be good here, and could/should I mix that 8 ohm midrange with the other 16 ohm drivers?
  5. HeathS

Pioneer Centrex

This is an old thread, but it seems to get attention every few years. I found other threads knocking all things made under this pioneer brand, but I wanted to add another opinion about the Centrex MCL-3. When I got these I thought they were an upscale version of pioneer, they looked like they...
  6. HeathS

Ebay Situation-- Weathers Turntable With Emprie tonearm

Yes, tonearm problem is OK I think, no longer locking up. I happened to find another platter to replace the one it came with (it had a repaired dent that I think is causing poor tracking.) I'll post again when I get that platter on it. Thanks for the comments on this. It is a nice looking...
  7. HeathS

Ok, I just found and ordered the platter, so that wasn't as hard as I thought. Someone mentioned this arm being a potential problem, why is that? Is the size wrong for the turntable? The mass? Just a dislike of the particular arm in general?
  8. HeathS

So, I decided to buy this one when it was relisted. I'm guessing the tonearm was partly an aesthetic choice, and the overall look was what got me interested in this one. I was hoping I could figure out the issues mentioned, but the cartridge was changed to a Stanton 680el by the seller and I'm...
  9. HeathS

Pilot Model 500 tube amp from console power socket

Thanks, I had found the power switch wires, but thought maybe I needed to jump another pair elsewhere. My problem turned out to be that the 12 gauge wire I used was too thin to make good Contact. I'll now solder that connection inside, rather than use the jumper. If someone is curious about...
  10. HeathS

Pilot Model 500 tube amp from console power socket

I have a pilot 4500 console with a model 500 tube amp and I am trying to figure out how to install jumpers to power the amp so I can use it without the tuner / turntable. Does anyone know where the jumpers go on this particular amp?
  11. HeathS

The turntables by pioneer... What do you consider the best?

I found this old thread and thought I would add another vote for the PL-707. I owned a few Pioneers, including the one I thought was 2nd, the PL-630; the 707 sounded better and looked better too. I've probably had about 15 various turntables in the past 5 years and this has been my main tt...
  12. HeathS

Luxman CL-32 tube question / problem

Thanks for the info on the tubes. The problem was with a 47mf tantalum cap in the equalizer section. I replaced each side with 16v Silmic 2 and the 100mf as well while I was in there. Any problem, or benefit, from switching out the tantalum here with electrolytic?
  13. HeathS

Thanks for the replies. There are no chips in this one, but the cracked solder joint is certainly possible. I'll try to keep checking it out later in the day to see if I can find a bad solder joint. Also, the only schematic I've found was on HFE, but I can't figure out the tubes from that...
  14. HeathS

I have a Luxman CL-32 preamp and after a while of playing, the volume in one channel (right side) suddenly increases. It seemed to take about the same time as one side of an LP and then the volume gets very loud in that one channel. As I rolled all the tubes to see if I can find one that that...
  15. HeathS

Marantz 2275

Just came across this one and thought I would make a note here for future reference that a couple of these 2275s have recently sold at online auction for 900-1300 in excellent condition. Nonworking, they are bringing $200+.
Back
Top Bottom