Recent content by Helmutdiggy

1. H

Mc2205 wood case help

Thanks for the replies . I just can’t get it to that point . Maybe I’ll give it another go round again later , I appreciate the insight .
  2. H

Mc2205 wood case help

Hey Larry thanks for the reply. Yeah the Panloc buttons are depressed and the amp comes out about a half of an inch but that’s as far as it goes . I don’t really know what else to do at this point but hope the tech as better luck with it . Thanks again
  3. H

Mc2205 wood case help

I purchased a Mc2205 this week for a really great price but it has seen better days . The face plate is broken but it did have a nice wood case and it powered up. When I turned the amp on the meters lit up , the left side meter didn’t move but the right side went all the way up . Within...
  4. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Sorry to keep dragging this conversation out but is there any known issues with the SCR units ? I'd like to avoid buying another piece of gear that needs servicing.
  5. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Okay so in the meantime it's a good idea to plug the amp into the wall instead of the preamp ?
  6. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Yeah just saw a couple on eBay , I'll be picking one up. Seems like a solid investment and its chrome !!
  7. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Just read up a bit on the SCR2A , seems to be the way to go no ? Powering up the amp with the C28 seems to be not the best idea ? Anyway I'll be on the look out now . Thanks again
  8. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Okay , now you have me curious , I'll have to look into one of those but my wife will not be pleased. So far she hasn't noticed the Marantz is out of the room and two black "stereos" are in its place , a third "stereo" may be pushing things.
  9. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Okay , thanks for the great information , much appreciated. I highly doubt I'll get a SCR , not sure I'd need it. When I do press the main or remote it does effect the sound , is that also normal ?
  10. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Thanks , yeah so far I'm really enjoying the sound as well as the look of the Mac stuff. It was services by amplifier experts here in Connecticut . I had them recap my Marantz 2385 last year also .
  11. H

Mcintosh c28 help

Very cool ! Thanks for the help and the link to the manual . I will definitely be reading up on it .
  12. H

Mcintosh c28 help

I just purchased a Mcintosh c28 and a 2105 both of which have just been recapped and serviced . I have no experience with Mcintosh equipment and I was hoping someone can answer a question for me . I have both main and remote speakers depressed and music is still coming through . Do I have...
  13. H

Marantz 4230

Thanks for the reply , that's good to know I'm sure I would have done that at some point.
  14. H

Marantz 4230

Hey all I would like to hook up my Marantz 4230 to my Klipsch Belles which are now being powered by a Sansui G8000 . Before I do I wanted to know if I might somehow damage my receiver or my speakers in doing so. Any info you might have would be great . Thank you in advance.
  15. H

Cleaning Sansui G8000 volume pot.

Thanks for all the advice. I took the nut off the front of the pot and pushed it back a bit so I could get as close as I could with the spray nozzle . I forgot to mention that I am using radio shack cleaner/lubricant.
Back
Top Bottom