Recent content by heyraz

1. heyraz

What's your favorite vintage turntable with a wood plinth?

@adnick The Grado Statement Sonata 1 would match the design of your plinth.
  2. heyraz

Ortofon Plinth Edit: I think this plinth gives my TD124 an "Art Deco" look... (which my wife likes).
  3. heyraz

Does a Yellow Submarine Plinth count?
  4. heyraz

Dynaco st-70 identification

@albusark , @Carbsandcaps From Wikipedia: Vintage Electronics LLC (EBay) has Stereo Cost Cutters/Sound Values/Sound Valves inventory: (No affiliation).
  5. heyraz

Retip, and a Brass splint??? What should we use...

Just wondering... If done properly...how many times can a cartridge be re-tipped? Are some cartridge brands or models easier to re-tip than others?
  6. heyraz

Retip, and a Brass splint??? What should we use...

Very nice explanation. Thank you.
  7. heyraz

What's your best sounding record? What's your favorite record?

Without a doubt..."Band on the Run" 50th anniversary including the "underdubbed" disc. This is probably the best vinyl I've ever heard.
  8. heyraz

“The Fisher” badge.

P.M. sent.
  9. heyraz

Golden Tube Audio SEP-1 Preamp w/ PB-1 Phono Board - with NUDES!!

Was there anything in the archived posts?
  10. heyraz

Multi-cap cans - always replace??

From an older thread: Hey all, Dan over at CE Distribution here - one of our customers made us aware of this forum post this morning and I wanted to chime in and shed some light on our CE Manufacturing can caps as some questions about them have come up here. The temperature rating varies...
  11. heyraz

Best way to level an unlevel turntable without adjustable feet?

Can you build a sub-platform with leveling feet?
  12. heyraz

Golden Tube Audio SEP-1 Preamp w/ PB-1 Phono Board - with NUDES!!

Try here: https://groups.io/g/golden-tube
  13. heyraz

Multi-cap cans - always replace??

The voltage rating on that Dynakit capacitor is at 55 degrees Centigrade (131 F)...that ain't much for a tube amp. I had CE manufactured caps fail after only 7 years on a Fisher tube amp. Now I pay as much attention to temperature rating as I do voltage rating.
  14. heyraz

Aragon 4004 Series 2 (Not Mark 2) ??

@mondialfan I don't currently have the amp in my possession, so I can't upload any pictures at this time. I did however look through the ventilation grills and noted that all of the (metal) output transformers had "Aragon" printed on them, as well as pencil written values (42). This copied from...
  15. heyraz

Storing Records In Order

I order my records and CD's like they do in a record store. In a record store "The Beatles" would be under "B". Streaming would be ordered under "T", "The Beach Boys", "The Beatles".
Back
Top Bottom