Recent content by hibuckhobby

1. hibuckhobby

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Chemo has got me feeling tired...enjoying Clapton on office system Elac dr62 with PS audio spout. Hibuck....
  2. hibuckhobby

He’s baaaack…

Thank you! Hope to post up pics soon.
  3. hibuckhobby

He’s baaaack…

After a long hiatus from posting (I think the last time was the Rectilinear hiboys I was refurbing) I’ve settled in now with a system I may just keep. I found a clean pair of Altec 846b Valencias the I’m driving with a Rogue rp-1 and a Primaluna prologue premium amp. I may upgrade one of my...
  4. hibuckhobby

the shedshrine sytem

That RP-5 is a nice piece! Ihave the RP-1 (little brother) and love it. regards, Hibuck...
  5. hibuckhobby

Show your headphone amplifier

Amps & Sound Leelo driving both my desktop speakers and my HD800's as well as ZMF Atticus.
  6. hibuckhobby

My new vintage Mc tube setup

Gotta love those classic Macs! Hibuck...
  7. hibuckhobby

New line up...well, some of it is new to me.

Did some buying and selling recently and ended up with gear I really like. Rogue RP-1 with MM/MC phono N.E.W. Class A amp Denon DP-47 with 103d cart Logitech Transporter into PS audio dac Marantz SA-14 cd player Rectilinear III’s recapped and refurbed with NOS midrange drivers Revel M20’s on...
  8. hibuckhobby

Pics of your listening space

Denon DP47 w/103D cartridge Jolida modded tube phono amp Logitech Transporter streamer PS Audio III dac Rogue Audio RP-1 preamp N.E.W. Class A amplifier Revel M20 speakers w/Revel stands SVS sealed 12" subwoofers (2) Rectilinear III Highboys in process of restoration. Picture(s) to follow Hibuck...
  9. hibuckhobby

For Rectilinear III owners

I just found a source for AD5061 midrange drivers as well as a few tweeters. If you are restoring, let me know, I'll forward the info. Mine are almost done. One driver to go (on order) and new grill cloth and I'll be good to go. Hibuck….
  10. hibuckhobby

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Rogue RP-1 preamp. A&S Leeloo EL-84 single ended headphone and speaker amp. Hibuck...
  11. hibuckhobby

Rectilinear III "Highboy" find - The Snowmen

Picked up a very nice set of highboys about a month ago. Cabinets are very good, but need recapping and am looking desperately for a pair of mids for them. There are mids in place, but not factory...some generic brand. Sound pretty good for a 49 yr old pair of speakers. May replace grill...
  12. hibuckhobby

Show your headphone amplifier

\That CSP-3 should sound amazing with those cans! regards, Hibuck...
  13. hibuckhobby

Picked up some Rectilinear III’s today

Not necessarily a SCROE, but a nice find nonetheless. Great cabinets, all drivers original except mids and no deep scratches or rings on veneer. Hoping to find some definitive values for cap replacement. Do resistors needreplacement as well? TIA, Hibuck...
  14. hibuckhobby

re cap=crap

I recapped a pair of Cornwall 1's and felt it was a major improvement in clarity and at the same time smoothness. Was it the mundorf's I used? Dunno...just know I liked it. YMMV, Hibuck...
Back
Top Bottom