Recent content by HiFiAaron

1. HiFiAaron

Infinity Qe Bargain. Gotta LOVE the Emits!

I know its been a bit, but just wanted to chime in and say yes I rotated the tweeters upright. The photos above are just the way I received them. Oddly enough the center caps came from a Hong Kong supplier. I am not sure what they are built for but they were nearly identical to the originals...
  2. HiFiAaron

Infinity Qe Bargain. Gotta LOVE the Emits!

I just picked up an old pair of Infinity Qe speakers last night for basically nothing. I was not looking nor do I need more speakers...but I found these at such a low price I couldn't help but go look at them. I had to laugh at the poor little kenwood receiver the guy used to attempt to power...
  3. HiFiAaron

Mitsubishi MS-40 Speakers

I'll eat my words now. the model numbers are not as close as I remember them. here is the ds-401 and the ms-30 as you can see there are some differences but they are very similar products from the same time period. My main point is that the MS line from Mitsubishi are Diatone speakers with the...
  4. HiFiAaron

Yamaha NS-1000 whats the hype?

+1 for the NS-1000s. I have not owned these speakers or even spent a great deal of time in front of them, but I have been able to hear these speakers in person. Keeping in mind my mains are infinity renaissance 80s which have exceptional high and mid frequency detail, I found the NS-1000s to be...
  5. HiFiAaron

Mitsubishi MS-40 Speakers

I know this is old but just to clear the air for future people reading this information the MS line(MS-10,MS-20,Ms-30,MS-40) are all Diatone speakers. These are from Mitsubishi's high end old school stuff, and they will hold their own against other speakers coming in around a $1000 USD.
  6. HiFiAaron

Mitsubishi MS-10 bookshelf speakers

I have the MS-20's, great speakers. Ill place the spec sheet from the ms10 up to the ms40 below. A little information for those who dont know, these speakers are near impossible to find any parts for especially the cloth surrounds . If the surrounds are damaged beyond repair usually the speaker...
  7. HiFiAaron

Infinity Renaissance 80

Actually they are both. The corners and top are solid wood but all the flat faces are mdf with veneer. If sanding you must be very careful not to go through the veneer.
  8. HiFiAaron

Speakers sound out of phase when connecting to woofers

I agree with orsen. I have a pair of ren 80's, never wired them backwards before though... but maybe your problem is the straps themselves. Maybe try some speaker wire in place and see if that changes anything. My rule of thumb is start simple. saved me a lot of headaches throughout the years.
  9. HiFiAaron

Diatone DS-35B mkII surround dilema

any pics yet to post of the dope results?
  10. HiFiAaron

I feel you, I'm in the same boat more projects than I have time for. I run my ms-20's with a pair of Renaissance 80's and they sound excellent. The Diatone speakers very clean and clear sounding and they pack a punch.
  11. HiFiAaron

If you replace your surrounds with foam please send me some pics and update us as to how they sound. I have a pair of ms-20's with good original surrounds that have been a part of my main listening space for over a year now and i can assure you these speakers have plenty of tight accurate low...
  12. HiFiAaron

Will a Phono Pre amp do? or do i need a new receiver/preamp?

I Feel like I'm going to find some good stuff here! Thank you so much for posting. I wont have time to really check it out tell tomorrow, but I can already tell there is good stuff here. Thnank you!
  13. HiFiAaron

Thanks a lot for the ideas. I think I will build it out of wood and glue shielding to the inside as that sounds pretty straight forward and easy. I like the clean vintage look you can pull of with wood construction. Also I know I have enough mahogany scraps laying around I could build it out of...
  14. HiFiAaron

I figured it would be more work than its worth to remove the phono pre amp section of a receiver. why is it you wouldn't put it in a plastic box? is it do to interference? I couldn't help but notice the bugle3 looks as if it comes in a plastic case, and it cost over 200usd. the a-300 and the...
Back
Top Bottom