Recent content by Hifiler

1. Hifiler

Thorens TD 124 for sale. Yes no maybe so?

It’s an early Series II but I don’t think it’s worth anywhere near the total asking price. It does have an uncommon non-perforated headshell, which increases the value a bit.
  2. Hifiler

The Low Watts Club

Looks like I am definitely a member of this club: Marantz 1060 integrated, 30 watts Fisher X-101-b integrated, 29 watts Sugden A21 Signature integrated, 23 watts (SS pure class A) Linear Tube Audio Z10 integrated, 13 watts (OTL) Dennis Had “Universal” SET amplifier, ~2 to ~6 watts, depending on...
  3. Hifiler

Cartridge ID?

Looks like an Ortofon, maybe an FF15 (or similar) body with an aftermarket stylus That is a round Ortofon “Inspected Made In Denmark” sticker on the top of it
  4. Hifiler

Thorens TD-160 Tonearm Bobs Up and Down When Platter Spins

That is not normal in my experience. A loose/improperly adjusted suspension could be contributing to the problem, but there must be an imbalance somewhere and it is hard to figure where it might be coming from. I suppose it could be the platter or the motor, or possibly the belt. Regarding...
  5. Hifiler

Stevenson and Baerwald walk into a bar...

Many people believe that conical styluses are considerably less sensitive to alignment than any other type; therefore I do not think that the few millimeter difference among the different alignment methods would be noticeable. Anywhere in the range between Baerwald and Stevenson should be fine...
  6. Hifiler

An Audio Meetup for All before Fall - Eastern Iowa - Aug 14

I should be able to make it from Iowa City, sounds like a great time! Missed last time due to a schedule conflict dave
  7. Hifiler

Name This Turntable!

Looks like a VPI HW-19, maybe a Mk II but could be another version https://www.vpiindustries.com/store/p372/HW-19_MK-2_(1983).html
  8. Hifiler

Older mono cartridge ID request - marked "PC"

Looks like a Pickering D-120M (or D-140M) because it is marked “Diamond” I have a couple S-120s, with sapphire styluses, that I have yet to try out Here you can see the piece that it needed to mount them, which probably could be fabricated if you can’t find one
  9. Hifiler

ROK N-33H Rondine Cartridge and Motor Pulley

It looks like an ESL S-1000 Gyro/Balance tonearm
  10. Hifiler

Can anyone ID my grandfathers turntable? The photo was taken in 1962 +/- 2 years.

I agree that is a beautiful piece, nice job with the quick identification. I hope that it survived and is still being used and admired someplace.
  11. Hifiler

Can anyone ID my grandfathers turntable? The photo was taken in 1962 +/- 2 years.

Where is the OP? No posts since the first day of his question?
  12. Hifiler

That’s what I was thinking, a 45 adapter sitting on the deck. I could not find a photo online of the tonearm rest, which looks unique and would help confirm it. EDIT— Found a photo of a GA-12 with arm rest, definitely looks consistent
  13. Hifiler

Didn’t many/most AC motor turntables in Japan come with both 50 Hz and 60 Hz pulleys? Because half of the country is 50 Hz while the other half is 60 Hz?
  14. Hifiler

What's a fair price to give for a Denon PMA-915R Integrated Please?

Looks like a decent enough integrated, so as long as it’s in good condition and you can test it. I’d say around $75
  15. Hifiler

Agree with this, seems most consistent with a NEAT TP-6812, possibly with a GA-12 tonearm. I found that this turntable was also sold as the Channel Master 6653 is the US. Photo of the NEAT model found online:
Back
Top Bottom