highhosilver
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Glenn,
    Sorry for such a belated reply, while I did lurk in AK I got logged out at some point and stopped receiving messages so missed both of yours. Do you still need help with that Marantz? If yes please let me know and I'll try to help.
    Thanks,
    Dmitry.
    The FM tuning meter on the far right is pointed to the left. Not to the extreme left, but right around 50 on the left hemisphere. It wiggles very very slightly when I adjust tuning, but never hits the center.
    Ok thanks Rob. Here are my findings so far. I have to appologize that I have never used a multimeter before so I am doing my best to use it correctly.

It is a Radio Shack Multimeter that measures DCV, ACV, DC ma, BATT, and Resistance.

When I set it to DCV and touch the red lead, black lead, or both together inbetween the yellow/brown wire and the chassis, the meter does not respond at all. No movement of the needle. Am I doing something wrong?

When I set it to the Ohms meter and touch it to the any of the transistors the needle jumps all the way to the right extreme. Also when in the Ohms meter at X10 , if I touch the leads to the speaker terminals the needle goes to the 1.

When I adjust the tuning knob in front, the center signal meter moves around from station to station. THe FM tuning meter stays right inbetween -100 and the middle, moving very slightly.

Sorry to be such a novice at this. Any of these findings narrow the problem down?

Thanks again Rob
    If the FM tuning meter is swung to the left like asmd's was then that will cause the problem. Just note that on the CR-1020 the resistor values are 22 ohms and 10 ohms all 3 watt - two of each and the 2SD234 transistors do not need to be changed.
    Glenn
    Check the speaker outputs on the power amp boards with a DC voltmeter. They are the yellow and brown wires, measure from eac to the chassis. If you have DV voltage higher than 5 volts it is likely that the outtput transistors are blown.

Rob
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom