Share This Page

Hitachiht550

AK Subscriber, from Decatur,GA

Subscriber
Hitachiht550 was last seen:
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:28 AM
    1. QRanc
      QRanc
      Hey, does your HT-500 have the original platter mat on it. I have one with a Pioneer mat that doesn't fit the platter correctly. I'd like to order a new one with similar diameter and thickness. I was wondering if you could measure yours and let me know. Thanks!

Andrew
    2. Hitachiht550
      Hitachiht550
      Welcome! Getting to know me..

I am over 40. Been in the Army. Married 2 kids below high-school level. I spend most of my day programming from home. About every six weeks I have to go to a job site. When time permits I stop at record stores, and antique stores to see what I can find. I like to tinker with everything. I build my own computers and NAS. I hack as much stuff as I can.

No Holy Grail equipment. I like to think I have a nice assortment though. I hope to find a nice 16 inch platter TT. Maybe a Gates or a Commonwealth. My current TTs:
      Garrad Lab 80 MK1 Followed Gene's tutorial and made it play like a MK2
      Dual 1229Q waiting to be restored
      Dual 1216
      Technics SP-15
      Elac 45 X2
      Hitachi HT-500 and HT-550HT-500 is my office table currently
      I have Yamaha receivers ranging from CR-620-1020s
      I guess nothing really considered audiophile but its the stuff I like.

I also like to hike in the mountains when I get a chance.
      Thanks for visiting!
  • About

I am over 40. Been in the Army. Married 2 kids below high-school level. I spend most of my day programming from home. About every six weeks I have to go to a job site. When time permits I stop at record stores, and antique stores to see what I can find. I like to tinker with everything. I build my own computers and NAS. I hack as much stuff as I can.

No Holy Grail equipment. I like to think I have a nice assortment though. I hope to find a nice 16 inch platter TT. Maybe a Gates or a Commonwealth. My current TTs:
    Garrad Lab 80 MK1 (Followed Gene's tutorial and made it play like a MK2)Have a MK2 and a Packard Bell MK2(white and champagne color)
    Dual 1229Q waiting to be restored
    Dual 1216 (first turntable I took a stab at rebuilding..it works as it should)
    Technics SP-15
    Elac 45 X2
    Hitachi HT-500,HT-550x2(1 black,1 wood grain, HT-561, HT-860x2. (I really dig Hitachi tables)
    AR XB
    Yamaha YP-D10x2 One is a little banged up and might do something neat and custom to it

Yamaha receivers ranging from CR-420-2020s and a CA-810 with Tuner and TC-520 Cassette and TC-1000 deck
    Pioneer SX-3700 really beautiful machine.
    2 Heathkit W3-AM amplifiers and 2 WA-P2 preamps with matching AM and FM turners.

Speakers:
    Mirage 760
    Bose 601 iii
    Boston CR8
    Polk 5jr
    Pair of EV Aristocrats.
    JBL pro iii
    Boston A10s

I guess nothing really considered audiophile but its the stuff I like.

I also like to hike in the mountains when I get a chance
    Thanks for visiting!