Recent content by Holst

1. Holst

Bosch

My wife and I enjoyed it, and its not a receiver, it seems to be a McIntosh MX-110 preamp tuner MC240 amp, the speakers are Ohm Walsh 1's
  2. Holst

The Eliptoflex project.....

It does have a patent which is an interesting (odd) read. It doesn't seem to be an original idea, more of a combination of a transmission line and Karlson/RJ type band pass all at once. I would have finished with them by today but I had the better idea of hanging out with my kid instead.
  3. Holst

No, although I don't remember the name of the product I used. I should watch for RC's next get together as I now seem to own a car that might make it that far. I'm here every day, however after nearly a decade with the company, "Big" seems to have taken a liking to me and I am now on...
  4. Holst

The surrounds on SK-58's are made from sheep.... and after a few decades they were very hard and stiff. We have horses, I own a nice synthetic saddle, my horse likes it, I like it, if it gets dirty I throw it against the side of the barn to knock off all the dirt. My wife on the other hand...
  5. Holst

I actually put a lot of thought into this. I even read every post of yours on the subject, your criticism's seemed more toward their crappy cabinet plans that the drivers themselves. Plus, of those, the only one I know is the EV 12TRXB. I had originally (a few year back) planned on...
  6. Holst

I got these from a beloved family member years ago and always wanted to do something with them...... so out with the SK-58 drivers and in with the Audio Nirvana Super 12's...
  7. Holst

Bose and Ohm FR graphs

Actually there a number of drivers that are Walsh types, what you have said would apply to "A" and "F" types. This would apply to "4", "200" "G" types and many others A and F's are fully omni with no tweeters, cans and other bits in the cans.
  8. Holst

CT-F2121 Cassette not behaving suddenly.

It's been 35 years since I sold mine, are you sure the cassette has been pushed in all the way?
  9. Holst

Any experience with a Sony ST-5100?

I saw this and realized I hadn't turned it on is some time. I've got a tube tuner in the same rack. I also have a neon "on the air" light that causes the 5100 to buzz a bit, the tube unit isn't bothered. Yes it sounds just fine, (neon sign is off) actually better than the one I've had on. I...
  10. Holst

Ohm F speakers with sagging cone.

What he said +1
  11. Holst

Vintage Ohm F

Me too, highly recommended!!!!
  12. Holst

Fourth verse, same as the first... yet another Olson clone!

Dang Nate, that's a fine looking amp!!!
  13. Holst

Yaqin 10L or 100B?

wpc jumps from 65 to 150 and she's a good dog. ..thank you
  14. Holst

Yaqin 10L or 100B?

I own three Yaqin amps, all have been excellent value for very little money and seem to be a safe choice. My MC100B, it is now running KT120's 6SN7's and 5751's, been running for three plus years without a burp though it doesn't have separate power supply's, one xformer pot is empty. The are...
  15. Holst

"Mercenary Field Amplifier"

Damn that's a looker
Back
Top Bottom